Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shared car transport to WCR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I’m eager to attend this year’s meetup, but the travel time to and from the event would take too many days out of my schedule. Besides, I’m old and lazy and sitting that many hours in any car wouldn’t be fun for me and my wife.

I figure if I could ship the car down and back and fly there my seat time would be enjoyable. I started to contact some shippers and then the idea came to me that some of the other PNW folks might want to share a trailer. I think we can include the Portland area folks and either. All meet up at one location or have the carrier stop in Oregon on the way down.

Any interest?
PanelBilly
I know some of you just look at the threads for the pictures

Click to view attachment
burton73
As I am about to ship my 928 from MD to Los Angeles.

Thanks for that picture.

Bob B

KMA.gif
Andyrew
Just prepare for completely unpredictable transport times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IpUa3Hbkus
dan10101
My experience was a bit unique.

I had my newly bought wrecked 914 shipped from NJ. Unbeknown to me it was on 4 different trucks on that trip. The guy who tried to finally deliver it to me didn't have my address. (Really!?!?) So I had to wait a couple more days to finally receive it. 2 weeks totally in the dark.. I highly recommend putting a GPS tracker in your car if the company doesn't already supply that.

A good friend from 914world is now shipping cars and was within 300 miles of NJ when I called him. Unfortunately he wouldn't dump one of the GT3 cars off his trailer so he could haul my car.

He hasn't posted in a while, but he's now hauling for several race teams. It's not likely that he's free that week but maybe if I tag him, he'll check in and give us some tips...

Lets see if this works...

@Scott Carlburg
ConeDodger
Is that a 356?
914_7T3
Alot of horror stories out there for sure.

I had a very good experience with the below company.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rust-auto-shippers...t+auto+shippers

This company is a broker, but uses a network of regular transport companies. However, do your own due diligence and ask the right questions.

beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Sure!
Rand
Driving a 914 is the pure joy of owning one. Make more stops. Take more side roads. Take the top off. Enjoy the journey. Only put one on a trailer when you have to.

Just another perspective. I know it doesn't work for everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.