Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 Project car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mjrrti
I am listing this car for a friend. It is a 1972 stalled project with very little rust. The longs and jack points are in great shape, the battery tray and rear trunk have been patched. The car was painted and looked beautiful about 7 years ago but has since just sat inside and will need to be touched up again to look really nice--nothing major body wise. It is a project car with some missing parts. It needs to be gone over in all areas. It does not include an engine. It does have a tailshift trans in unknown condition. As you can see it has been drilled for 5 lug and most of the parts to get it back on the road are included but it is not 100% complete. This is a great start for a Subaru or other engine swap project. I have done a couple and it is much better than the cars I started with. He is looking to get $2200 for it but will consider offers. He is very busy with work and commutes 2 hrs each way and has asked me to sell it for him. I work part time so with a little communication I can easily show the car. It is located in Phelan about 15 miles from the top of Cajon Pass. Respond through this site if interested and I will get back to you asap. I work different hours and days but I will get back to you. I can email additional pics. I could only put a couple on the listing. Thanks.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
billh1963
Interesting deal for someone on west coast....especially if those wheels are included!
mjrrti
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 7 2019, 10:52 AM) *

Interesting deal for someone on west coast....especially if those wheels are included!

The wheels do come with it. They have been chromed but my guess is they are worth at least half the asking price. They are real not repops.
aturboman
Very interested; sent you a PM
jrblackbox

This happens only on the left coast.
mepstein
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Feb 7 2019, 02:31 PM) *

This happens only on the left coast.

agree.gif but a low rust car on the east coast will sell for more. I just buy them out west and ship them east.
rjames
Wish I was closer to you. Great deal for someone. Should go fast.
mjrrti
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 7 2019, 10:51 PM) *

Thank you, there seems to be a fair amount of interest in it. It will make someone a very nice project whether it is a restore or an engine swap of some kind. The car is definitely a good start, I hope someone gets it and enjoys the heck out of it.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 8 2019, 12:51 AM) *

I second the motion, if it were closer. I would buy it for sure. GLWTS
OU8AVW
I would like a few more pictures and to speak to the seller. mikewmeer@gmail or 817-894-zero six five zero.

Thanks in advance

Mike-
RFoulds
Sent PM

d4cam2000
Sent you a PM
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Feb 18 2019, 05:53 PM) *

Sent PM

Hey Randy...if you succeed in getting this I can give you a hand.
My P Hauler is always waiting to help.

Oscar
Sea Rooster
Interested also, sent PM.
Sea Rooster
Any updates from the seller? Is this still available?
mjrrti
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Feb 21 2019, 05:42 PM) *

Any updates from the seller? Is this still available?

Thanks for all of the interest on this car. This car was sold today. We loaded it on a trailer and it left for its new home this afternoon. The guy that bought it was super nice and a pleasure to deal with. He told me it will probably become a track car. I hope he has a blast with it and gets many years of enjoyment from it. Thanks for the easy and painless sale. beerchug.gif
RFoulds
Thanks for your help today and the kind words. Yes, #17 is destined to be a track car I think. It’s up on mid rise lift now as we mark what metal needs replaced.
And yes, those are real Fuchs. Verified the part # and markings. 16x7 all around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.