Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73' Rear Bumper top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tedly2tuff
Hello 914 World,

I was just wondering why my 1973 914 has a metal stud protruding down from the rubber top above the license plate? My car is all original and I just think there must be a piece missing
Beach914
Missing a metal tab welded to rear panel that supports the bumper top above the license plate. I just cut one off of a parts car and provided to another member here. There's a thread in the forum so try to do a search.
Beach914
Click to view attachment
wes
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 7 2019, 01:44 PM) *

Right the other purpose is to tar a nice hole in your leg and pants while you’re working on your car without a bumper!
76-914
agree.gif It will rip you a new one. Slip a piece of 1/2" pipe insulation over it and secure the insulation to the metal tap with a zip tie pulled tightly. Your legs will thank you. beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 7 2019, 03:41 PM) *

Missing a metal tab welded to rear panel that supports the bumper top above the license plate. I just cut one off of a parts car and provided to another member here. There's a thread in the forum so try to do a search.

agree.gif
sixnotfour
litl bastard on restoration design........wishlist...#1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.