Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint Shop?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeP
Anyone have good dealings with a Bay Area painter? prefferably south bay. I'm looking to get a good full re-paint/ color change, very minor rust repair/fiberglass work, not just a quickie overspray. confused24.gif
Jeroen
You could try McMark/Brandon
But I think they're in the Northbay
MikeP
called them, no reply as of yet. wink.gif ???
Randal
Napa to be exact.

Altissimo
707 255-3308
carreraguy
Try Chris DeBruine at The Works Auto Body, 1640 Grant St, Santa Clara; 408-748-1389. He's not cheap but he does great work!
Scott Carlberg
Yeaman's Auto Body, in Redwood City

914 expertise!

Scott Yeaman.

Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Jun 21 2005, 11:26 AM)
Yeaman's Auto Body, in Redwood City

914 expertise!

Scott Yeaman.

He's actually in EPA.
McMark
Mike, I just got your message yesterday afternoon and haven't had a chance to call. I just left you a message 2 minutes ago. You make it sound like we've been ignoring you. Give Brandon a call at 707-253-7246.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ Jun 21 2005, 11:37 AM)
[Yeaman is] actually in EPA.

Actually, if you look at the signs on the frontage road, his shop is about 10 feet inside the Palo Alto border. The next building down is in EPA.

--DD
MikeP
For the record, Mark wasn't ignoring me, I just hadn't heard from him at the time of the posting. I know Yeaman, he is good people, it is just the thought of my baby sitting over there night after night, I don't think I could take seeing my custom wheels on a lowered Cadilac, you know what I mean?
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jun 21 2005, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ Jun 21 2005, 11:37 AM)
[Yeaman is] actually in EPA.

Actually, if you look at the signs on the frontage road, his shop is about 10 feet inside the Palo Alto border. The next building down is in EPA.

--DD

Damn then he's paying PA rent $$$$. biggrin.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 21 2005, 04:13 PM)
I know Yeaman, he is good people, it is just the thought of my baby sitting over there night after night, I don't think I could take seeing my custom wheels on a lowered Cadilac, you know what I mean?

He locks up all the customers' cars at night, IIRC.

Jen
McMark
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 21 2005, 04:00 PM)
I know Yeaman, he is good people, it is just the thought of my baby sitting over there night after night, I don't think I could take seeing my custom wheels on a lowered Cadilac, you know what I mean?

Jen

agree.gif You're right Jenny.
neo914-6
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 21 2005, 03:13 PM)
For the record, Mark wasn't ignoring me, I just hadn't heard from him at the time of the posting. I know Yeaman, he is good people, it is just the thought of my baby sitting over there night after night, I don't think I could take seeing my custom wheels on a lowered Cadilac, you know what I mean?

Mike,

I did a PPI (pre-paint inspection) laugh.gif at McMarks last weekend and highly recommend them. biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
I used California Classic Auto Body in Livermore and they were very good and reasonable.

Here is a photo of my 74 after I got it back!

Jeff
tiim5
Brandon and Mark did my car, excellent work, they know 914's.

It is worth the drive both in workmanship and price.

You could get someone here to help with the drive up and ride back, or plan a nice Napa event after leaving your car.
jonwatts
Is this a color-change car you're correcting, or a car you want to change the color? If you want to change the color then how much disassembly are you looking to do?

Just curious.
neo914-6
Mike,

Let me speak for you but correct me if I'm wrong laugh.gif

Drivetrain is being professionally removed for a tranny upgrade. Optimum time to at least paint the engine bay. Color may change from red to black to match the fleet...
MikeP
Felix is correct, I'll probably have the engine bay done by the shop next to Bauer in Oakland, bu then I'm looking for someone to do the whole show, red to oil-slick black.
914_1.8t
If you guys don't mind me asking...how much is a complete paint job running you? I notice you guys mention prices as being decent...I have no idea how much a good paint job costs.
Mueller
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 21 2005, 05:00 PM)

Jen

I've taken a few of my vehicles to Yeamans, always been happy...yes, he does lock them up inside at night which is good....2 of my vehicles I've had him repair/repaint have rims/tires worth more than most 914s I see for sale around here wacko.gif

MikeP
I'm hearing between $3500 and $5000 depending on how in depth I want to get, keep in mind I'm changing the color and I want a pretty detailed job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.