Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handbrake Assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MiniStevieG
Well in Texas It’s necessary to have a working parking brake. Perhaps it is everywhere else as well. I guess it’s probably a good idea to get it working anyway but I’m not exactly sure where to start. It appears there’s no way to attach the brake to the car so I guess that’s a good place to start. Looking at this pic what’s missing? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!

Click to view attachment
Jonathan Livesay
Click to view attachment The red piece. It goes under the bolt. Looks from the picture like there are more issues though, the lever mounts on the pin behind the bolt and those 2 are not aligned properly. Chances are the pin is rusting away from it's mounting point and you need one of these. http://www.restoration-design.com/mm5/grap...9-1_255x255.jpg
bbrock
FYI, you can download the official parts catalog here which is invaluable for tracking down those mysterious missing parts: https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/
MiniStevieG
Thanks guys! - - I've seen new handbrake assemblies for sale and not opposed to picking one up to start fresh but I'm not clear how it attached to the vehicle and if additional hardware is need outside of just purchasing the new handbrake.
Cheers.
bbrock
Like Jonathan said, that red piece he posted is what bolts the unit on. I refurbed mine a few weeks ago and posted these pics on my build thread. They should help see how it attaches. More details on that here.

IPB Image

IPB Image

MiniStevieG
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 11 2019, 03:00 PM) *

Like Jonathan said, that red piece he posted is what bolts the unit on. I refurbed mine a few weeks ago and posted these pics on my build thread. They should help see how it attaches. More details on that here.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Awesome!! Thanks guys.
ClayPerrine
I have the ratchet plate you are missing, free if you want to come get it.

You will have to clean it up a bit.

Clay
MiniStevieG
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 11 2019, 04:40 PM) *

Clay

Went ahead and ordered a new handbrake assembly thank you!! but I’d love to come hang out sometime for some car talk. I’d love to hook up with some peeps from Dallas that share the same love and get some advice for next steps on this project.
MiniStevieG
QUOTE(MiniStevieG @ Feb 11 2019, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 11 2019, 04:40 PM) *

Clay

Went ahead and ordered a new handbrake assembly thank you!! but I’d love to come hang out sometime for some car talk. I’d love to hook up with some peeps from Dallas that share the same love and get some advice for next steps on this project.

Well I did manage to get the old assembly off but in the process this spring broke. Whoops!! Gotta figure out where the new spring hooks to the chassis.
Click to view attachment
bbrock
The hole is kind of hidden. This should help. http://w.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335128
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.