Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 123 Distributor group buy (Feb 2019)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mobymutt
Ed at Ignition123USA has kindly agreed to give us a discounted price again this year.

Here is his PM to me:

"Hi Matt
Sure we can do a group buy.
I will set up the code 914GB19
It will give you 5% off
If it reaches 10 customers you will be refunded the additional 5%
I will run it for a month.
Hope this helps
Ed "

We've got 10+ orders already through the group buy, so everyone gets 10% off! Thanks to everyone who jumped on board (or off the cliff, or over the fence)!

Selection info from last year's thread:

914 models are available in the following configurations:

1. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.

2. Hardcoded advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.

3. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with output for D-Jet This is the unit to choose for stock D-Jet users.

4. Custom bluetooth tunable advance curves with vacuum, with bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. This is the best unit for carbs, L-Jet, aftermarket FI

5. Custom laptop tunable advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.

Thanks!
Beebo Kanelle
Which model is the correct one for '74 2.0 w/ stock D-Jet?

Is it the 123\PORSCHE-4-R-V ?
914_teener
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Feb 11 2019, 11:57 AM) *

Ed at Ignition123USA has kindly agreed to give us a discounted price again this year.

Here is his PM to me:

"Hi Matt
Sure we can do a group buy.
I will set up the code 914GB19
It will give you 5% off
If it reaches 10 customers you will be refunded the additional 5%
I will run it for a month.
Hope this helps
Ed "

So I believe that means we will get 10% off as long as we have at least 10 people. The code is now live.

I know there was a lot of information on last year's thread about the various models. If anybody wants to summarize them on this thread, please feel free to do so.

Thanks!

I'll dispel high temperatures as a potential issue.

I have ran my car in over 115 degree heat with no issue and without the car skipping a beat with exception of my parched throat and sweaty.......

back.

This dizzy is great and well worth not having issues with trigger points...broken advance diaphragms....points...condensors...ect.

No affiliation.

mobymutt
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Feb 11 2019, 03:17 PM) *

I'm afraid to answer anything, but the old thread has lots of info:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...318153&st=0

Or call 123ignitionUSA directly.
914Sixer
Tried to order and discount does NOT work. No answer on phone but I left message.
914_teener
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Feb 11 2019, 12:17 PM) *

For stock D-jet yes. You can order it with/without vacuum advance. If you get the -V model use ported vaccum if you have it. Not sure if the 75 TB has one since I have a 73 and it has both ported and manifold Vac.

Download the manual to see which dip-switch number to use for your year. The manual will list that.

Give him a while to setup the GB number....that same thing happened last time.

He'll want to make sure after one month how many people there are to confirm orders at what % discount.

Carry on.
mobymutt
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 11 2019, 03:29 PM) *

Tried to order and discount does NOT work. No answer on phone but I left message.

I left a message earlier, and Ed did respond via text. He will likely get back to you shortly, or try texting him at that number.

Otherwise, I've asked if he could monitor this thread and respond to any questions.
mmichalik
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Feb 11 2019, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 11 2019, 03:29 PM) *

I left a message earlier, and Ed did respond via text. He will likely get back to you shortly, or try texting him at that number.

Otherwise, I've asked if he could monitor this thread and respond to any questions.

Cool! I sent an email out to them asking about the Bluetooth version and haven't received a response so, hopefully he'll take a look here.

Thanks everyone for all the input and the GB setup!

Mike
123ignitionusa
[quote name='Beebo Kanelle' date='Feb 11 2019, 04:17 PM' post='2688264']

[/quote

All cars running D-jet must use Porsche 4-R-V-IE

Hope this helps
Ed
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 11 2019, 04:29 PM) *

Try the code now. My bad...
Amphicar770
Hmm, will be interesting to see if this gets 10 takers. I should have gone in on the original 10-15% group buy but was in a financial crunch at that time.
mobymutt
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Feb 12 2019, 09:24 AM) *

Hmm, will be interesting to see if this gets 10 takers. I should have gone in on the original 10-15% group buy but was in a financial crunch at that time.

I'll try to keep a current count on the first post.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Feb 12 2019, 10:01 AM) *

Thanks. I'm on the fence on this one. Probably would not install before Spring (we are currently covered in ice). Thus, for a 5% discount, that you may or may not receive, might be more prudent to wait.
mobymutt
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Feb 12 2019, 12:13 PM) *

Thanks. I'm on the fence on this one. Probably would not install before Spring (we are currently covered in ice). Thus, for a 5% discount, that you may or may not receive, might be more prudent to wait.

We get the 5% for sure, but we only get the 10% if we go over 10 people.
mmichalik
Just ordered mine. So, there's at least one confirmed.
123ignitionusa
Gentlemen
Count is two.
Additionally if someone orders two or more it will go toward the count.
I will ship out as they are ordered.
You guys automatically get 5%
When you hit 9 I will change the coupon value to 10%. And refund the first nine buyers the additional percentage.

Hope this helps
Ed
mobymutt
My order is placed. 3 down, 7 to go!
914Sixer
Ordered mine this morning.
HansJan
Looking to purchase the Bluetooth model, because the engine is not stock.
Engine is:
4-Cylinders (103mm) 2.3L.
Not original Cam.
Dual EMPI 44mm Carbs (without vacuum)
Current distributor is 009.

The real problem with this car is its owner (me).
Tried to set the timing once (with my son keeping the RPM's at 3K). I couldn't see anything, got confused, so I left it where it was.

Could the Bluetooth distributor be too confusing for me?
Do we keep the same coil?
When ordering, do we also need to order the spacer?

The plan is to purchase this thing, and then lean heavily onto this community to get the car running again. This strategy has worked in the past.

Amphicar770
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Feb 12 2019, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Feb 12 2019, 12:13 PM) *

We get the 5% for sure, but we only get the 10% if we go over 10 people.

Thanks for clarifying. That seems better.
jesse7flying
Just ordered mine this afternoon.
mobymutt
QUOTE(HansJan @ Feb 12 2019, 10:34 PM) *

Looking to purchase the Bluetooth model, because the engine is not stock.
Engine is:
4-Cylinders (103mm) 2.3L.
Not original Cam.
Dual EMPI 44mm Carbs (without vacuum)
Current distributor is 009.

The real problem with this car is its owner (me).
Tried to set the timing once (with my son keeping the RPM's at 3K). I couldn't see anything, got confused, so I left it where it was.

Could the Bluetooth distributor be too confusing for me?
Do we keep the same coil?
When ordering, do we also need to order the spacer?

The plan is to purchase this thing, and then lean heavily onto this community to get the car running again. This strategy has worked in the past.

I'll try to answer these, but I've just ordered mine, so I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

1. I suspect if you can work a cell phone, then the Bluetooth version will not be too confusing.

2. I am planning to keep the same coil. Maybe someone who bought one last round can chime in.

3. I believe the spacer comes with it standard. Ed, can you verify?

Based on what I've read, it seems that you can get away with just setting the static timing, so it should be simpler to deal with than the 009. I guess it would still be useful to verify the actual timing with the car running though.
BeatNavy
They recommend using a new coil. In theory, you should not have to if yours is serviceable, but it is recommended.

There is good info in this thread (or specifically at this post: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...&p=2545698)

Also, spacer comes with the unit. You don't have to purchase separately.

These things can be slightly tricky to set up initially, but once you've got 'em they are rock solid.

davealden223
I'm on the list now.

Dave
914_teener
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 13 2019, 11:54 AM) *

They recommend using a new coil. In theory, you should not have to if yours is serviceable, but it is recommended.

There is good info in this thread (or specifically at this post: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...&p=2545698)

Also, spacer comes with the unit. You don't have to purchase separately.

These things can be slightly tricky to set up initially, but once you've got 'em they are rock solid.

Interesting reading through this thread again.

Main thing I saw was understanding how vacuum advance works.

For timing advance the source of the vacuum needs to be "ported" vacuum and not manifold vacuum.

So on the TB it is the port just on the inside of the intake side. This will produce advance on part load.

There are some cool threads that can be "Goggled" on the subject.
Amphicar770
I just ordered mine. beerchug.gif
HansJan
Ed,
I just ordered mine (Order #1769).
But the checkout process went soo quick (with Apple Pay) that I was not able to insert the group buy code. headbang.gif

Could you still apply the discount please?

Br,
Hans Jan
123ignitionusa
Yes I will cover that for you. The GB is now at 6 and will soon hit 10 I will process your discount when the target of 10 is hit. If for some odd reason we don't make 10 you will still get the 5%.
Hope this helps
Ed

QUOTE(HansJan @ Feb 13 2019, 08:46 PM) *

Ed,
I just ordered mine (Order #1769).
But the checkout process went soo quick (with Apple Pay) that I was not able to insert the group buy code. headbang.gif

Could you still apply the discount please?

Br,
Hans Jan

michael7810
I’m leaning towards getting in on this GB but have a question is the 123 compatible with the MSD thingy and MSD Blaster coil currently on my car? Thanks
123ignitionusa
Yes with the MSD but you must wire it according the the MSD Points diagram. The blaster coil is questionable as I don't know the resistance. Typically the recommendation is no coils below 1 ohm resistance.

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Feb 14 2019, 08:11 AM) *

I’m leaning towards getting in on this GB but have a question is the 123 compatible with the MSD thingy and MSD Blaster coil currently on my car? Thanks

123ignitionusa
Gentlemen Please use the code 914GB19 at checkout.
Current count is now 7

There will be a short delay for Porsche 4-R-V-IE - Currently out of stock
mobymutt
3 more to go to get the 10% discount! If you're on the fence, jump in!
mmichalik
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Feb 15 2019, 06:45 AM) *

3 more to go to get the 10% discount! If you're on the fence, jump in!

Agreed, it would help us all out plus, you'll be getting an awesome new toy for the car. smile.gif
Porschef
Click to view attachment
mobymutt
That's a cliff, not a fence. But still, there's water down there, so jump in anyway!

QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 15 2019, 01:42 PM) *

Porschef
Click to view attachment

“What do you mean, you’re still thinkin’about it???”
mobymutt
Don't get stuck.

Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 15 2019, 10:42 AM) *

Here is the bottom of the cliff:

Click to view attachment
Porschef
Ok, I’m in... piratenanner.gif I’ll place the order this evening.

beer3.gif

Amphicar770
Now someone needs to do a write up of install with pics or video.
mobymutt
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Feb 15 2019, 07:21 PM) *

Yes!

Amphicar770, are you the mystery#7 buyer?
Amphicar770
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Feb 15 2019, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Feb 15 2019, 07:21 PM) *

Yes!

Amphicar770, are you the mystery#7 buyer?

I did order one but I think I am earlier than number 7??
mobymutt
@beebo kanelle
poke.gif
Wanna be #9?

(I don't actually know how to tag somebody)...
mmichalik
I got my Bluetooth distributor today.

Gonna put it in this weekend, along with the tangerine racing cable linkage.

Fun this weekend!
Porschef
Ok. Head, legs, arse, etc. officially on the other side of the fence. Looking forward to it.

smile.gif

mobymutt
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Feb 16 2019, 01:48 AM) *

I got my Bluetooth distributor today.

Gonna put it in this weekend, along with the tangerine racing cable linkage.

Fun this weekend!

Are you going to document the install for the rest of us? cheer.gif
914Sixer
biggrin.gif Mine is here
Amphicar770
Mine arrived as well. BTW, can I still use the rev limiting rotor?
HansJan
Mine arrived today as well.
Will have to wait a while before having the time to install.
Hopefully their will be enough feedback here to guide me through the process.
jsaum
I made a quick sale today on some extra parts so I’m probably coming in buyer #9. Anyone else going on the group buy for # 10 and the full discount? We’re almost there!

Jsaum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.