Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Locking Copper Exhaust Flange Nuts $1.29 each
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I was on Bel-Metric the other day an ordered up some of these. Got them today and tried them out. Rather unique in size. They have a 17mm flange and a 10mm nut. The flange just about covers the entire mounting oval of the heat exchanger and the 10 mm head is alot easier to get the socket in to tighten up. The original 13mm can be a real battle royal even with a wobble socket. $10.32 for the set.
johnhora
Thanks Mark...that's very interesting....BelMetric is great for all these things
rhodyguy
Is the hole ovaled like the other copper clad ones? I never trusted the torque values on those. I'm on the stud nut 'fence' after reading a "double nut and anti-seize" tidbit Len thru out in a thread.
914Sixer
Hole is ovaled out and lock down really tight. I took them back off and the stud came with them. Going to have to put a little loctite on the studs.
mgphoto
These should be cut off, for removal, as they will gall on the steel stud.
VaccaRabite
Use Milk of Magnesia on the nuts to keep them from seizing or galling on removal?

Zach
Andyrew
I use those for my audi turbo manifold. A bit of a paint to start with the ovaled hole but they so far have held well. I know I have more abuse on them than what a typical type 4 would with the heat the turbo generates as well as the weight of what essentially is my manifold, large turbo, and whole exhaust.
TheCabinetmaker
I used those once. Won't do it again! Pulled 6 of 8 studs out of the head removing heat exchanger! Proper repair cost $300 !
yeahmag
I like the copper jacketed, small OD nuts that ARE NOT locking. I've not had my exhaust loosen up, but I have had to put studs back in after those little oval bastards grabbed on and wouldn't let go.
914Sixer
Ok, looks like a $11 experiment went South.
Literati914
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 14 2019, 07:48 PM) *

I like the copper jacketed, small OD nuts that ARE NOT locking..

Got a source, Belmetric maybe ?
yeahmag
Look at my post that is literally above yours.
Literati914
Wow howd I miss that!! Thanks.
90quattrocoupe
I use these on my Audi and VWs.

exhaust nuts

rhodyguy
What is the 'locking' feature on those from AC.net?
Al Meredith
I always run a 8X125 tap through before I use them . keeps from pulling the studs out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.