Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any help in finding this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Is it possible that anyone might know where this silver 914 ended up? When I dated my high school sweetheart in Fullerton, Ca in the 70's, my neighbor let me borrow his 914 to take her out on big dates. His name was Russ Raines and we lived in Sunny Hills. He has long since passed away. I don't know the year of the car, but it was new around '73, so it was probably a '72 or '73. If there is the slightest chance that some member here might know the history of their car and it ties into this information somehow, please let me know. I would love to find it!

Click to view attachment
Coondog
I found it ........ aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
oakdalecurtis
That was pretty funny Coondog! But that got me to thinking, don’t the stock rims in my picture look like Mahles with some kind of chrome center cap?
mepstein
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Feb 14 2019, 08:06 PM) *

That was pretty funny Coondog! But that got me to thinking, don’t the stock rims in my picture look like Mahles with some kind of chrome center cap?

They look like early steel wheels.
KELTY360
Wish I could help. I had a new '73 1.7 in Fullerton back then. I don't remember the car you've pictured. At the time I lived on Harbor Blvd. in an apartment overlooking the golf course. The roads were so fun back then...Skyline, La Habra Heights, Carbon Canyon, on and on. Having a 914 back then is why I have one now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.