Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anything happening in northern San Diego?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fixer34
I will be in San Diego next week visiting my daughter and her fiance (Claremont area). Was wondering if there was a Cars & coffee, or even if someone wanted to meet at a Starbucks and show off their pride & joy. I'll at least bring along some pictures of my woefully neglected -6. (she stays in the garage until the snow is gone...).
Larmo63
San Clemente isn't too far north, if it isn't raining, there is always a great turn out.

Outlets at San Clemente between Vista Hermosa and Pico.
fixer34
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 15 2019, 01:03 AM) *

San Clemente isn't too far north, if it isn't raining, there is always a great turn out.

Outlets at San Clemente between Vista Hermosa and Pico.

Looks to be about an hour, so not too bad. Is this an every week occurance? Day/time?
Steve
To keep the local’s happy it opens up between 8:30-9 and yes it’s every Saturday weather permitting.
siverson
RSF cars and coffee every Saturday is usually fun.

https://www.facebook.com/rsfcandc/

-Steve
toolguy
Our once a year "Big 3" auto swap meet at the stadium. This is the first year
with a new owner but in the past, it's always been so big it's hard to walk through in one day and see everything. .
Next Thurs Friday and Sat. . but forecast is for some rain.
fixer34
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 15 2019, 09:25 AM) *

To keep the local’s happy it opens up between 8:30-9 and yes it’s every Saturday weather permitting.

Will try to make it. I'll be the one in the black 914-6 t-shirt with pale skin... (and no jacket if it's over 50 degrees..)
Montreal914
I live in Claremont, but it's at the east end of Los Angeles county, nowhere near San Diego... confused24.gif
Lucky9146
PCA San Diego Region has a Cars & Coffee held once a month on the last Sunday of the month at Jessies Bake Shop in Carmel Mountain Ranch. I would consider that northern San Diego and only 20 minutes from Clairemont. Sometimes a 914 shows up there, mine biggrin.gif Well actually a few others have shown up over time, but usually mine. Lot of good guys and nice cars, seems there is always something shows up I haven't seen before. Goes 8-10. I will be there unless rain.

Sunday Jan 24th this month.
PM if you want more details or have questions
driving.gif white914.jpg
fixer34
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Feb 16 2019, 06:50 PM) *

I live in Claremont, but it's at the east end of Los Angeles county, nowhere near San Diego... confused24.gif

Typed too quickly; the one around San Diego is spelled Clairemont.

Anyway, headed up there this morning. Nice drive you guys have along the coast. The C&C wasn't quite what I expected; a lot more cars and variety, just a few air-cooled. Only one 914, got to meet Larmo63 and take a look at his -6 conversion. Chatted a bit and then wandered around checking out some of the customs. Midwest to West Coast; a whole 'nuther world out here.
Pete
preach
Shoot. I am in town as well but my crew and I are heading into the desert to see the super bloom. Might not be peak yet but I have never seen one.

I am staying at Hotel Circle until at least 3/8 if anything else is going on. I generally work 7 days a week though.

I come out here a ton. Last year I lived in La Mesa for almost 8 months. I shipped my Cayman out for that one.

Any SD 914ers want someone to drool over their car I'd love to check it out.
drem914
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Feb 23 2019, 07:04 PM) *

Anyway, headed up there this morning. Nice drive you guys have along the coast. The C&C wasn't quite what I expected; a lot more cars and variety, just a few air-cooled. Only one 914, got to meet Larmo63 and take a look at his -6 conversion. Chatted a bit and then wandered around checking out some of the customs. Midwest to West Coast; a whole 'nuther world out here.
Pete

The air-cooled quantity varies depending on the time of year. We have had upwards of 7 or 8 at a time, but usually when we make a concerted effort to arrange it. Always a wide variety of vehicles there.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.