Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blogs - don't seem very useful
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Lapuwali's blog contains some interesting stuff that I'd like to follow.

I would not have known this except that he mentioned his blog in a thread about replacing the relay board. I looked at his blog to read this and discovered some very interesting thoughts on L-jet Fuel Injection stuff.

So I looked around for a way to "subscribe" to a blog so that I would know when something new was posted, but I don't see a way to do this. I did find the blog page where you can see everyone who has a blog and when it was last updated, but this isn't all that useful.

I'd like to see a way to know when a blog (or every blog) is updated and what the subject is of the entry. Is there already a way to do this? Can it be done but we just haven't implemented it?

At this point blogs are so hidden that their benefit is really easy to miss.
Mueller
if you hit the "blog" button on the top of the page, it'll show you the most recently updated blogs....
Jenny
There is a search feature if you go into the blog tab a the top of the page. You can queue in whichever member's blog you want to see, and voila!

Jen
McMark
I'm planning a big Blog update for later this year. Still recovering from coding that one. Subscriptions shouldn't be hard to tie into the existing subscription code.
lapuwali
I might suggest that if a subscription system were put in place, that there be two submit buttons on the blog. One is "publish" (save and send out notification emails), the other just "save". I, for one, regularly go in and tinker, changing little things like punctuation and spelling mistakes. Sending out an email for this seems silly.

I'd also love to see the ability to make the smilies pane go away while editing a blog entry.
McMark
The edit feature would never send out subscription emails, only the new message. It's two separate pieces of code.

I could see getting rid of the smilies pane and just leaving a button for Show Smilies.
Joe Bob
Mine show my projects....
URY914
I update mine tonight! biggrin.gif

I love it when I'm at a cocktail party at the club and I say, "Yea, I gotta blog...." People have NFI what I'm taking about. Then they go ask there teenager.... wink.gif

Paul
lapuwali
QUOTE (Sir Fartalot @ Jun 21 2005, 04:53 PM)
Mine show my projects....

But no boobs, butts, or even exploding heads. Very disappointing...
SpecialK
My blog's got 6 legs, and two peckers! rolleyes.gif
drew365
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jun 21 2005, 06:16 PM)
I update mine tonight! biggrin.gif

I love it when I'm at a cocktail party at the club and I say, "Yea, I gotta blog...." People have NFI what I'm taking about. Then they go ask there teenager.... wink.gif

Paul

I didn't know we had cocktail parties, and they're probably telling their teenagers to stay away from the man with the grease under his fingernails. biggrin.gif
airsix
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 21 2005, 02:02 PM)
The edit feature would never send out subscription emails, only the new message. It's two separate pieces of code.

I could see getting rid of the smilies pane and just leaving a button for Show Smilies.

Mark, thanks again for all the work you've already done.

-Ben M.
ThinAir
QUOTE (airsix @ Jun 21 2005, 07:42 PM)
Mark, thanks again for all the work you've already done.

agree.gif I didn't realize who was responsible for the Blog feature. It's got lots of potential and I appreciate all that you've already done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.