Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 Porsche 914-6 Rotisserie Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tailwind22
***SALE OF THE PROJECT PUT ON HOLD--GOING TO COMPLETE IT MYSELF (AFTER MUCH DELIBERATION)***Up for sale is my 1970 authentic Porsche 914-6 project waiting to be fully assembled. Body has been taken down to metal and any rust dealt with by a professional restoration shop. Car wears it's original Tangerine color. Good condition un-restored targa top is included but not pictured. Suspension, steering and brakes all fully restored. Included is an authentic 914-6 2.0L motor that is not original to the car. The motor has been fully rebuilt by Black Forest Racing and has new S cylinders and pistons and ported heads and original Weber carbs are rebuilt. Engine test ran and tuned on a bench to produce 175 hp with street torque. Brand new Dansk 914-6 heat exchangers have been ceramic jet coated and a new Dansk 914-6 muffler is included. A new clutch and pressure plate is mated to 0 time Patrick Motorsports rebuilt side shift transmission. New HP axles and CV joints are included. Not pictured is the original 914-6 steering wheel. A majority of the remaining parts are included and organized in bins.

I had just retired when I acquired the project and shortly after that a business that I had started took off and I simply don't have the time to push on with it.

The project is offered at less than my investment at $54,000.

If you would like a link to over 50 high res pics and a project summary sheet please PM me your email address.
mepstein
Was this Tony's/Cracker car?
914Next
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 17 2019, 04:34 PM) *

Was this Tony's/Cracker car?

That's what I was wondering. Looks like very much the same car in a similar assembly stage...Although I did recall Ton''s having the original engine??
tailwind22
Yes it is Tony's old project. It never had the matching engine.
mepstein
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Feb 17 2019, 08:21 PM) *

Yes it is Tony's old project. It never had the matching engine.

Then it's worth every bit of asking price. Tony only does things top notch. If I had the money, I would buy it sight unseen.
tailwind22
Jet coated Dansk heat exchangers and PMB restored brakes. Another interesting factoid about the car is that a previous owner is legendary racer Max Crawford.
Cairo94507
Wow! That is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants a real Six. Very nicely done and we have all seen the work Cracker does. I agree with Mark. GLWTS.
Racer
Vin?

The project is offered at less than my investment at $54,000
Because reading comprehension can be difficult for me.. is the price $54K or the amount invested is $54K?
tailwind22
Price is $54,000 which is less than my investment.
tailwind22
Nice condition original seats and new wiring harness ($$$)
mepstein
If I had the money, it would be headed to my house. GLWTS.
Rufus
I agree with what others have said wrt this being an amazing opportunity to get a real “6” if one’s not hung up on an original engine. (I suspect the original engines are long gone from many 914/6’s by now, anyway.)

@tailwind22 : what documentation is there of Max Crawford’s former ownership? Who knows, this may help with the sale ...

GLWTS !
tailwind22
QUOTE(Rufus @ Feb 23 2019, 01:49 PM) *

I agree with what others have said wrt this being an amazing opportunity to get a real “6” if one’s not hung up on an original engine. (I suspect the original engines are long gone from many 914/6’s by now, anyway.)

@tailwind22 : what documentation is there of Max Crawford’s former ownership? Who knows, this may help with the sale ...

GLWTS !

Thanks Rufus

I got a large folder of receipts and documentation that included a photocopy of a previous title with Max's name as legal owner.
Rufus
“I got a large folder of receipts and documentation that included a photocopy of a previous title with Max's name as legal owner.”

That’s very cool, and can only enhance the value of your car in the eyes of a prospective buyer. Once again, GLWTS
tailwind22
Lots of interest but still available...
tailwind22
One last bump
Michel
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Mar 7 2019, 06:08 AM) *

One last bump

icon_bump.gif

Had sent PM
tailwind22
PM replied to
Spyerx
Pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.