Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Wiper Motor Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
911 wiper motors are three speed and ours are two. I was thinking how to install the 3 speed wiper system. The motor is a direct bolt in. You use the down position (intermittent position) for speed one and use position 3 (one up from center) for two and position 4 for high. It would require the 5 wire switch used for intermittent wipers. If you use a 6 wire switch you could add electric washer.

Is my thinking flawed?
larryM

interesting idea

- at first, a "wow-gotta have it" tho't bursts forth

on 2nd tho't - is it anymore powerful than the oem motor, or just more speeds?

3rd tho't - "why me?" i have diligently avoided driving my -6 in rain or cold for the past 28 yrs .... ".... i really don't need that!"

(& it'd be 'way more work than i care to do for something of limited use)

IF - if there was such a solution for the anemic wipers in my "square" Chevy truck or my NB Miata, ... that would be another matter - and yes, i continually search for those solutions
914Sixer
Just thinking of using 1st speed to replace intermittent wiper. Not sure if 2 & 3 on the 911 motor are the same as the 914 one. Might be different speeds all together.
mepstein
I remember someone doing a write up with a boxster motor. Clay maybe?

Edit - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=wiper+motor
PanelBilly
And you were thinking it would be fun to pull out the old one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.