Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $ 98,500 ‘73 2.0 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
i do like the custom fitted coco mat in the frunk, but...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=htt...%2F392239105525
mgphoto
Very clean but 95,000 miles?
rhodyguy
Wheels.
gereed75
No, I do not think this will be interesting. At this price I do not think there will be any action here at all.

Lots of beautiful work done here but I am always perplexed as to why someone will be so meticulous with attention to original detail, but then can not resist a few personal touches. Invariably they never add to the value, art nor quality of the final work in my opinion.

Andyrew
Didn't all 2.0s come with the appearance package?

If not this is a really wierd combo...
rhodyguy
"Trim delete option" did such a thing exist?
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 18 2019, 08:04 AM) *

I think Brent's (bbrock) car is equipped like this. His resto thread is here: Montana restoration
Olympic 914
OK I'll start.

MPS mounted incorrectly

Dual heater blower hose >74

What's with the hose clamps on the intake rubbers, and everywhere else?

Wrong vacuum hoses

missing the rubber cap on the ECU.

Black sail panel trim? none had that. (yeah mine does but its not Concours)

Damn if this is worth 90K mine should be worth at least 60k+ (or maybe even as much as I have into it)

Does look nice though.

Jazzy
During the mechanical restoration the motor was rebuilt utilizing big bore piston and cylinder kit providing for an increase in displacement and horsepower.

This, the black caps on the wheel bolts, fog lights, the custom carpet. I don't think buyers in this price range appreciate these 'improvements'. I would expect this car to be offered somewhere in the 30-40k range, certainly not for almost 100k.
wes
To me it’s a nice looking 914 but I can’t see it being concourse. I also can’t see it selling for any were near that price with that mileage as a resto. I must say if it somehow dose sell for $98,500 mine just likely would be up for sale and I have no interest in selling my favorite toy right now.
johnhora
Wheels are Pedrini ....if I remember you have to modify the wheels or rotor for them to fit late struts

Nice looking...

Does this mean my 6 is worth a gazillion $$$ now biggrin.gif
iwanta914-6
Is this the effect from the $1M sale of "Brutus". I figured some people would get a bit crazy when that happened...
bbrock
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 18 2019, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 18 2019, 08:04 AM) *

I think Brent's (bbrock) car is equipped like this. His resto thread is here: Montana restoration

Mine's close, but there are some differences. There was a "Sport" package that according to @Tom_T was apparently offered after the "S" was dropped that included both Appearance and Performance Group options as base.
Differences on this one are the Pedrinis and fogs. Mine has Fuchs and no fogs which I think was the basic "Sport" combo.

I may be biased, but I think any nice example with this rare trim combo deserves $98K laugh.gif
GregAmy
VIN is in the db...user posted once, in 2016 looking for a fuel pump. Even posted his phone number...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=17768
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I know this car. Pedrini wheels of course are not correct should be mahle, but an impeccable restoration, guy purchased over 32000 in parts for it. I personally inspected this car at the restoration shop and gave them some direction and pointers.

Guy who owns it has a very large car collection and is a hell of a nice guy. Actually do not know why he is selling, but maybe tired after winning so many concours competitions in New England as well as awards for the perfection of the restoration. These days with some of the high auction prices, as well as the sale of Brutus, we do not know where the price of good 914s is going, especially coming up on the 50th anniversary. Porsche Parade is featuring the history of the 914 this year.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=686
462]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
AHudson
I applaud the guy for doing the restoration, following it through, chasing down the zillion details (though he may've gotten a couple wrong-ish), and spending lots of effort and dollars furthering the passion that brings us together.

Regardless of what dollar amount it brings, seems it'll set a new standard for a restored -4. It'll also bring some notoriety to the cars in general, giving a potential 'ok' to spend a little more time and money on the cars (always appreciated!) as we benefit from a little more built-in equity.

Either way, big time 'hats off' to him for the effort. I wish him the very best.
mepstein
So far all someone did was list something on eBay. I could list my left shoe for 20k. Doesn’t mean a thing unless it sells.
Beebo Kanelle
I hope he gets every penny he's asking for it.
TheCabinetmaker
I bought a 73 1.7 new, with the sport package. It had pedrinis, and fog lights, but no center console.
pete000
Nice, but 95K nice maybe not...
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Feb 18 2019, 09:59 AM) *

i do like the custom fitted coco mat in the frunk, but...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=htt...%2F392239105525

anyone can get one of
those, cost less
than $200 for mine. Nice car, if he gets anything close to his price i suppose
i should call haggarty and increase my insurance again
90quattrocoupe
My 73 2.0L came without the vinyl sails, black bumpers, no fogs, but with the center console. So the outside "delete" could be correct. I add correct fogs and Fuchs.

Greg W.
porschetub
Best entertainment since the 2 sexy girl,this is a truck load of laughs...
sixnotfour
1 year ago,, nw euro.. 2 owner $28,500...I know the second owner real deal.. took 1.5 years to sell
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Feb 18 2019, 04:18 PM) *

I second that. The more they sell for the more all of our cars are worth
mepstein
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 19 2019, 10:03 AM) *

The harder it gets to purchase sad.gif

And they become garage queens, hardly driven. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
rhodyguy
And insurance becomes more expensive.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
old cars deserve a rest, and unlike other old things are still great to look at.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 19 2019, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 19 2019, 10:03 AM) *

The harder it gets to purchase sad.gif

And they become garage queens, hardly driven. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 19 2019, 07:54 AM) *

...unlike other old things are still great to look at.

Hey, I resemble that remark!!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.