Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Stuff!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
markb
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Mark, & I'm a recovering 914 addict. I worked with Cap'n Krusty (may he rest in peace) @ West Coast Garage, & with Jonathan @ GPR when it was in California. I built & repaired a lot of 914's during that time. I did a lot of swapmeets with the Cap'n, and helped clear out the GPR warehouse when it moved from SLO to Santa Maria, & helped box everything up to ship when it moved to Texas. Needless to say, I have boxes & boxes of used (& a few new) parts. I need to clean out my storage shed, so here's the deal.

I want it gone. The first person to come up the driveway here on the ranch loads it up & takes it away. I won't take pictures, I won't describe what's there, basically, you have to take it all & do what you want with it. Virtually none of this is something you would put on a garage queen. This is stuff to be used to get a daily driver back on the road, or if you like doing the swaps, you will absolutely get a couple of bucks from it. I just don't want to deal with it, and at the end of the month, it goes into the nearest dumpster. Do whatever you need to do, but it goes to the first person who shows up to take it. You HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL, & I won't hold it for you. It will fit in a sedan, if you have the trunk empty, so you don't need a Uhaul or a big truck. Anybody who knows me knows all the high dollar items were used on my cars, & the real junk was most likely tossed years ago.

I live on a ranch outside of Nipomo, California. Please let me know when you'll be here. Come & get it.
914_7T3
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 18 2019, 11:02 AM) *

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Mark, & I'm a recovering 914 addict. I worked with Cap'n Krusty (may he rest in peace) @ West Coast Garage, & with Jonathan @ GPR when it was in California. I built & repaired a lot of 914's during that time. I did a lot of swapmeets with the Cap'n, and helped clear out the GPR warehouse when it moved from SLO to Santa Maria, & helped box everything up to ship when it moved to Texas. Needless to say, I have boxes & boxes of used (& a few new) parts. I need to clean out my storage shed, so here's the deal.

I want it gone. The first person to come up the driveway here on the ranch loads it up & takes it away. I won't take pictures, I won't describe what's there, basically, you have to take it all & do what you want with it. Virtually none of this is something you would put on a garage queen. This is stuff to be used to get a daily driver back on the road, or if you like doing the swaps, you will absolutely get a couple of bucks from it. I just don't want to deal with it, and at the end of the month, it goes into the nearest dumpster. Do whatever you need to do, but it goes to the first person who shows up to take it. You HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL, & I won't hold it for you. It will fit in a sedan, if you have the trunk empty, so you don't need a Uhaul or a big truck. Anybody who knows me knows all the high dollar items were used on my cars, & the real junk was most likely tossed years ago.

I live on a ranch outside of Nipomo, California. Please let me know when you'll be here. Come & get it.

@bdstone914 & @ValcoOscar
Chi-town
@markb I'll come grab it tomorrow morning, please pm me an address and phone number to contact you at
markb
PM sent
euro911
I don't have room for any more parts that I probably don't need, but if I had a couple of free days, I'd drive up just to say hi - kind of miss shooting the shit you at the events, Mark ...

... although I haven't been to many events in a few years either laugh.gif

Looks like you have a taker aktion035.gif

I need to go through the shed here in So Cal AND the garages in AZ and start unloading all the stuff I won't be needing on the '71 ('HOWARD') idea.gif
Chi-town
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 18 2019, 01:52 PM) *

I don't have room for any more parts that I probably don't need, but if I had a couple of free days, I'd drive up just to say hi - kind of miss shooting the shit you at the events, Mark ...

I need to go through the shed here in So Cal AND the garages in AZ and start unloading all the stuff I won't be needing on the '71 ('HOWARD') idea.gif

I need to head out to AZ soon, let me know laugh.gif

markb

Hi Mark! Long time no see. All my fault, I pretty much dissapeared. It would be nice to see you & say "Hi". I do really need to get to an event at some point in the near future. I retired at the end of last year, so I have the time now to do it. I'm kinda glad but kinda sad to get rid of the last of this, but I've moved away from the 914's & am now repairing/rebuilding electric guitars, and need some room to set up a spray booth to do some refinishing. Times change....
Gint
Hi Mark. Things do change. Time marches on.
markb
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 18 2019, 04:06 PM) *

Hi Mark. Things do change. Time marches on.

Hi Gint! bye1.gif
euro911
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 18 2019, 03:58 PM) *

Hi Mark! Long time no see. All my fault, I pretty much dissapeared. It would be nice to see you & say "Hi". I do really need to get to an event at some point in the near future. I retired at the end of last year, so I have the time now to do it. I'm kinda glad but kinda sad to get rid of the last of this, but I've moved away from the 914's & am now repairing/rebuilding electric guitars, and need some room to set up a spray booth to do some refinishing. Times change....
I hear ya. I retired in 2014, but the fluid honey-do list replaced gainful employment laugh.gif

I haven't given up on the cars, but I sold off a few Porsches and a Bug when I closed up shop in 2015. As for the guitars ... just finishing up the den remodel in Torrance ... set up a Thinline Tele today and blasted some AC/DC tunes aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Keep active on the board ... you're still one of us cool_shades.gif
markb
Nice! I try to sell off what I build as I finish them but somehow my collection keeps growing. Hmmmmm. dry.gif
I'm planning on doing a bit of performing again, so I'm thnking of a good acoustic. There are some nice Taylors out there I need to spend a little time with. I finally got my 65 Fender Bassman amp head to play electric thru, so that's dealt with. I think I'm liking this being retired....... smile.gif
euro911
I bought a Talyor a few years ago, but haven't got around to working on the bridge & nut to lower the action yet ... project# 1,278 dry.gif
markb
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 18 2019, 09:13 PM) *

I bought a Talyor a few years ago, but haven't got around to working on the bridge & nut to lower the action yet ... project# 1,278 dry.gif

I competely understand. If you bought it new, take it back to where you bought it, and they will do a neck adjustment that takes care of it. I got one of mine used, & sanded down the saddle to fix the problem.
markb
The parts have been claimed, loaded, & are on their way to SoCal. Thanks for the interest!
euro911
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 18 2019, 10:07 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 18 2019, 09:13 PM) *
I competely understand. If you bought it new, take it back to where you bought it, and they will do a neck adjustment that takes care of it. I got one of mine used, & sanded down the saddle to fix the problem.
Good deal on unloading the parts beerchug.gif

Bought the Taylor on line from Sweetwater, so it's on my dime now. If I screw it up, I have access to a good luthier up in Culver City, recommended by an old high school alumus (Gary Kramer, ex Kramer Guitars). They re-fretted my old Kramer Ferrington several years ago for $100. first.gif

Click to view attachment

markb
Wow! Good deal on the refret. Be real careful on that saddle, the material seemed to go real fast for me when I was sanding it down. I went too low & had to replace the saddle before I got it right. I haven't bonded with this one, & I have my other one strung as a high strung. I may reverse them & go back to my other one as my performer, until I get the "right" one to do shows with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.