Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50th Anniversary party
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Mark your calendars for a party to mark the birth of the Teener. The event will be held on the weekend of September 14th.
The event planning is in its infant stages, but the date is set and I've already enlisted a few folks to help with the planning. Initially, the schedule will look like this.

Friday evening:
Welcoming guests from out of town. I'm working on a hotel that will be centrally located close to SeaTac airport. Another option would be to rent a VRBO
house that is shared. We have a lot of nice homes in the area that can be had for a reasonable price.

Saturday:
A gimmick rally that will take you on some of our twistiest roads and keep your navigator busy looking for the answers to a quiz. This is a great way for our out of town
guests to get a ride in a PNW 914 or two. This is also a great way to meet some of the members IN PERSON.

A fun lunch

A tech session with one or more of our favorite vendors

A casual dinner combined with a Teener Trivia contest and a guest speaker

Sunday Morning: A car show at Griot's Garage. Griot's has already agreed to do this for us, provided we have enough entries. They will publicize the event and the owner
will display some of his Porsches. We will have use of the cafe space for a brunch or just to hang out.

What I really need to make more plans is an estimate of the number of attendees. My goal is to keep costs as low as possible. We'll need to cover the cost of food, but I'm hoping
to get the venues for free. We have several options where we can meet, but the size of the group will determine which is best.

Hope to hear from you soon
That's it for now.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
We would HAVE to get out of the Metro area. East of the mountains or on the peninsula. Back to The Dalles would work for me.
sixnotfour
that leaves you 4 days to get to Red Rocks Classic 2019
Torrey, Ut.
@sharong
KELTY360
Sounds like fun Billy. Wish I could make it but I'll be up in the Bella Coola Valley with the syncro during that time......unless I can clone myself by then.
PanelBilly
Fly in, rent a cayman for $120/day from Turo.

OR

rent a Ford Fiesta for $39
EvilOlderBrother
Billy,

As the one who got you into 914's when you bought mine, This sounds like a great idea.

Will you please allow an ex-owner to bring his tail dragging 911 there?
rhodyguy
Rule #8. 911 drivers buy the beer.
EvilOlderBrother
Now you sound like Billy!
Tbrown4x4
Since I can't make the WCR, this sounds like a great idea. I'll mark my calendar.
plymouth37
Love it! Anklebiter better be ready by then!
914werke
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Feb 23 2019, 10:29 AM) *

In its clothes? smash.gif
scallyk9
What a great idea, Billy! Maybe I can find a way to have my 3.2L conversion tow my Bumblebee or find someone to drive one of them. I'm not sure of what my show/work schedule is for September but will try to attend.
tvdinnerbythepool
I can make it to the Sunday portion, wish I was around that Saturday, dang!
warpig
Totally down for this. Who else is coming from or thru the PDX area?
I am thinking about a scenic drive and a couple of ferry rides to get there and back? driving.gif
PanelBilly
I’m focusing on finding programs now. There’s several shops here that specialize on Porsches and I’m hoping I can get two of them to do a show and tell.
PanelBilly
I think I've successfully added an afternoon that included beer
and entertainment with Manuela Horn!

Click to view attachment
plymouth37
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 23 2019, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Feb 23 2019, 10:29 AM) *

In its clothes? smash.gif

I like driving naked! bootyshake.gif
Bleyseng
I should be able to make it! beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
PanelBilly
Not announcing it until I have it in writing, but it looks like I have a great speaker to entertain us at the Sunday brunch.
1970-1914
My car won’t be done... but if I can be a guest I would like to come down for the event.

Pierre
Mikey914
Count our clan in.
rjames
Hope to be there (with a running car).
SharonG
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 19 2019, 01:37 PM) *

that leaves you 4 days to get to Red Rocks Classic 2019
Torrey, Ut.
@sharong

That's just good planning. betty914.jpg
rjames
Hope to be there for at least some of the festivities.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.