Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to convert a horn button
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
I have a RAID Dino wheel and hub that has a horn button with just one wire. The circuit is closed when the copper cap of the button contacts the copper center shown here.

Click to view attachment

How do I convert it to a two wire connection for a new Porsche center button from a MOMO wheel?

Click to view attachment

Can this be done simply?
MarkV
I have a Dino wheel with a Porsche horn button as well. If I remember correctly my button just had one tab that connected to the cars single wire. I think one of the wires on your setup needs to go to the cars wire and the other one needs to be grounded. I assume the one with the shield goes to the cars wire. Easy enough to test it just connect the wire with the shield and touch the other one to ground and press the button. After looking at your button photo again it could be the other way around. I would make up a pig tail with a spade connector and ground it to the back of one of the wheel bolts to pick up a ground and run the other end to a male connector to connect to the female wire on your button.
Chi-town
One wire goes to ground one to the original horn wire
drem914
Can I ground to the hub or do I have to find a way down the steering column under the dash?
MarkV
The hub is already the ground.

One wire from your button goes to ground and the other wire goes to the car horn wire.
drem914
QUOTE(MarkV @ Feb 20 2019, 10:57 AM) *

The hub is already the ground.

One wire from your button goes to ground and the other wire goes to the car horn wire.

Thanks, i'll let you know how it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.