Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first year 1970 914/4 stored inside in NM for the past 35 years
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
hushpuppy
This first year 914 was a car I picked up with future plans. as you can see, I have not moved forward much in 35 years. I always had it inside, but it was a dry southwest car for its first 15 years, so the interrior is a bit dry. the stationary seat and back pad are decent. front trunk carpets original. I will be digging out more early 914 stuff for this car qand post some pics of what I fine in my dark sides of my garage, but I have at least 95% of a complete car including an engine in a basket with a couple of cranks, pristine heads and NOS mahle P&Cs. I am planning on a repair of the left jack point as well. It was an ac car so the bottom of the front trunk was cut out. the engine bay section was not cut below the battery. hell hole is solid, just corroded. $3500 obo. possible delivery to midwest this spring for some gas money. I am headed that way for a vintage tractor. thanks Note phoenix red doors are to my personal car, but stripped to bare metal doors are included. the handles n my doors are the originals to this car and go on the other doors. since they are stripped I can not put them on since the car is now outside. There was some repair to rt rear quarter long ago to a marginal standard and some minor repair to back trunk panel will be required. the rest of the car is original paint straight rustfree panels with good fit and body gaps
EdwardBlume
What's the build month and year? Thx
hushpuppy
QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Feb 23 2019, 05:53 AM) *

What's the build month and year? Thx

Build month is August of 1970 I cleaned up 30 years of dirt and got the trunk latch working key did fit in this lock as well as door handle lock. working on getting some bumpers together today
hushpuppy
I found some decent chrome bumpers with semi decent top pads and carpets, floor mats in acceptable condition both in charcoal and grey felt. Looks like this car came with charcoal. I'd say the project is about 95% complete with fairly decent interior, and chrome trim. I would not paint either trunk, door jambs, most of the engine bay other than the battery area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.