Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Hollywood to adopt Vehicle Noise Law
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Just watched a report on the news today that the city of West Hollywood, Cali. is adopting a strict vehicle noise law. This is primarilly being enacted to stop noisy motorcycles (Harleys et al) that frequent the Sunset strip, which runs from L.A. into and thru W. Hollywood.
My belief is that this will shortly lead to vehicles of all types being profiled for noise. There are lots of celebs and a lawyer or 3, that ride Harleys, Ninjas, good sounding P cars and very loud Lambos--that will get fix it tickets.
Check out the law at the State level (VC 27151) at www.bobsmuffler.com/noise.htm
The state's laws are not bad...and tend to favor the motorist in the noise test area. I don't know how W. Hollywood Deputy Sheriffs can conduct an unbiased Db test on the street. That city is weird, and has laws for Medical use of pot , and laws for cats claws laugh.gif
redshift
Damned motorcycle gangs.

I can understand residential... but Sunset? HAH! Up by the Whiskey, about midnight, any Friday...

M
Steve Thacker
The folks out on the left coast must have nazis running their government and local municipalities. Not worth the sunshine to put up with yet another law limiting their lives. Of course like all like minded laws they only have one purpose in mind....finding a way to take your hard earned dollars. Can you say extortion?
ChrisReale
QUOTE (Steve Thacker @ Jun 21 2005, 05:57 PM)
The folks out on the left coast must have nazis running their government and local municipalities.

Nah, Just Terminators biggrin.gif
Demick
The noise from some of those motorcycles is absoulutely insane. My house backs up to a street that many motorcyclists ride over the weekend. I wish they would crack down on it where I live! I say bring it on - there's no reason for many of those motorcycles to be that loud. They make a low flying 747 sound tame.

Demick
SirAndy
QUOTE (Demick @ Jun 21 2005, 09:32 PM)
there's no reason for many of those motorcycles to be that loud. They make a low flying 747 sound tame.

agree.gif most of them harleys around here run straight pipes, no mufflers ...

good thing i don't have a sniper rifle, i would have used it by now ... fighting19.gif

icon8.gif Andy
Trekkor
A few months back, I was in the gas station and a CHP inspection officer was there. I chit -chatted with him about Db regulations for the street. He didn't really know for sure as there were differant regs for differant years and vehicles ( cars, bikes and big-rigs ).

He told me not to worry about it, as he had no memory of *any* roadside sound meters *ever* being used.
( at least in Napa )

Their bread and butter comes with a radar gun. wink.gif

KT
Maltese Falcon
Trekkor, the test according to VC27151 is in a controlled space- and not with any ambient interfering noise. The CHP guy is right-he's prolly never seen a Db meter in his trunk ,cause a fair test can't be given on the roadside.
The local Harley guys here are going to ruin it for our somewhat loud street driven sports cars, cause the ticketing will more than likely spill over from bikes to cars. I heard a new Carrera GT the other nite going up thru 1-2 and 2-3 and it's effn' loud (all stock too) ! biggrin.gif
MF
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.