Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More donors found after 22 years of rest....rust...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
Found these tucked away for 22 years. Storage wasn’t very kind to them, Hopefully they can help some of us in the future! sawzall-smiley.gif

I will add to the story of this find, sort of a good little story.

I had purchased a project 73’ 2.0L last summer that had been sitting since 1989, months later a man had called to tell me he was the father of the guy I bought the car from. He had recently been to a sale at his friends house who had passed away. He had seen the two cars, tucked in the corner of the shop. He remembered his son said the guy that bought his 2.0L was a “true fan” of 914’s.
So he called to tell me the cars were just sitting there and needed to be purchased before they were crushed. So after a couple months of waiting, finally picked them up.
1- is a 73’ 1.7 hit a tree in the front.
2- is a 74’ 2.0L not sure of the back story. Both parts cars and unfortunately unable to be saved.
I plan to disassemble them and part out for you all and for some of my personal project cars. Probably won’t really get aggressive parting until winter breaks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good man to rescue them!

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Feb 23 2019, 01:11 PM) *

Found these tucked away for 22 years. Storage wasn’t very kind to them, Hopefully they can help some of us in the future! sawzall-smiley.gif
billh1963
Glad you got them. I have two (72 and 74) I've tried to give away but no one wants them.
worn
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Feb 23 2019, 12:11 PM) *

May have asked before, but where in Wisconsin you at? Are they savable or partses cars.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 23 2019, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Feb 23 2019, 12:11 PM) *

May have asked before, but where in Wisconsin you at? Are they savable or partses cars.

Located in Sheboygan. Unfortunately just parts cars. Added some info above.
maxwelj
good find! please be sure to add vins to database.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.