Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identifiy these parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cornerlot
These parts came in a box of 914 stuff. I’ve seen the little black plastic thing somewhere but can’t remember where, but the L-shaped brackets' / plates I don’t recognize. Can you tell me what either part is?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mark04usa
91142320503 clutch cable clevis for cable end at trans
91433153305 intermediate plate for rear suspension outboard mount.
Blue6
The L brackets are alignment shims for the rear susp. Sorry, don’t recognize the blk plastic thingy...
pilothyer
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Feb 23 2019, 10:52 PM) *

The L brackets are alignment shims for the rear susp. Sorry, don’t recognize the blk plastic thingy...

The black plastic "thingy" is the piece that the clutch cable attaches to on the clutch fork.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mark04usa @ Feb 23 2019, 11:49 PM) *

91142320503 clutch cable clevis for cable end at trans
91433153305 intermediate plate for rear suspension outboard mount.

Wow....even the part nos.
Olympic 914
Clutch cable end.

Looks similar but not it.

Click to view attachment

Don't know what the black plastic part is but the clutch cable end is made of metal and shaped differently. I wouldn't use a plastic part there. You could end up stuck somewhere with no clutch

Although the DAPO did use a big wingnut instead of the correct part and it worked for a while. Glad I found that before it stuck me.
bbrock
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Feb 24 2019, 08:08 AM) *

Clutch cable end.

Don't know what the black plastic part is but the clutch cable end is made of metal and shaped differently. I wouldn't use a plastic part there. You could end up stuck somewhere with no clutch

Although the DAPO did use a big wingnut instead of the correct part and it worked for a while. Glad I found that before it stuck me.

The original clutch trunions were black plastic like the part in question. That is definitely what that part is. Most have been replaced with metal because the plastic ones break and leave you stranded just like you predict. Ask me how I know...
Cornerlot
Thanks everyone. Case closed!

Steve
mepstein
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 24 2019, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Feb 24 2019, 08:08 AM) *

Clutch cable end.

The original clutch trunions were black plastic like the part in question. That is definitely what that part is. Most have been replaced with metal because the plastic ones break and leave you stranded just like you predict. Ask me how I know...

agree.gif what a stupid place to use plastic.
StarBear
REALLY impressed with you guys (and everyone in 914World). My wife doesn't believe me there are this many folks and posts. Amazing...
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 24 2019, 08:20 AM) *

Absolutely!

The metal one is from a 911, not a 914. Notice that the plastic is longer than the metal trunnion; this is one of the reasons that you need a spacer on the cable when you use the metal trunnion.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.