Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
Hey all, long time since the last post. I am finally getting back to my 914 and I found a 3.2 complete and I decided to take the plunge. The engine and periphery equipment is from an 86 911.

I have everything sorted but the clutch/flywheel. Without spending $600 on something and then it being wrong. On PMS' website the clutch kit seems to exclude 1984-1986 cars. Is there a reason that anyone is aware of?

Edit*
This is the part I am referring to.
https://patrickmotorsports.com/collections/...901-228-cks-pms
jim912928
Call them...I bought my clutch/flywheel components from them and I put in an 84 3.2l engine.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Feb 24 2019, 12:30 PM) *

Call them...I bought my clutch/flywheel components from them and I put in an 84 3.2l engine.

I did call them this past week and I am surprised they didn't mention it as I was ordering everything else. Tank, lines, mount...

I was more curious if it were a typo and someone had experience installing one.

mepstein
I bought mine from KEP/Kennedy Engineering Products. They make the conversion clutch 914-3.2 that PMS uses. I think it's Brent that you want to talk to.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 24 2019, 12:55 PM) *

I bought mine from KEP/Kennedy Engineering Products. They make the conversion clutch 914-3.2 that PMS uses. I think it's Brent that you want to talk to.

Thank you Sir!

Steve
Yep stage 2 kep kit. I used there adapter to the 915 flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disk and throw out bearing
tscrihfield
Wanted to stop back and say thank you to everyone for the guidance! The very reason why this Forum is so awesome!

Kennedy engineering is going to ship my Clutch/Starter ring this week.

aktion035.gif
914forme
Welcome back I ned to stop by, we have parts to exchange. I just need to pull the trigger and get over there afterwork.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 25 2019, 08:21 PM) *

Welcome back I ned to stop by, we have parts to exchange. I just need to pull the trigger and get over there afterwork.

No sweat Stephen,
Anytime is good with me.

Thanks,
Thomas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.