Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2019 Auto-X tires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
crash914
Currently running 12 year old kumho v710 tires. Need to replace them with something that is not rock hard.
Anyone try the V720?
Was thinking about Hoosier A7's, but the 720's are half the price.
That will let me buy more race fuel.
Looking at the 225r45 15's.

How about the most cost effective 100 octane race fuel?
Make your own? Currently using 260gt.
ablesnead
Hankook Vetus RS4 is the go to tire in Champ car right now..I run 245 45 15 on my car @ 2046 pounds has really good grip on track ..not sure with autoX , but they don't require warm up , that I can tell ...
brilliantrot
Aaron has V720s and A7s for his 914. There is a big difference between them in grip, somewhere around 3 seconds on the average AX course. We run the 720s for practice and the A7s for timed runs.

Be aware that the 205/50/15 A7s run extremely wide as all Hoosiers in general do but they are even wider then the old A6s were for the same size.
crash914
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the time spread was so large between the two.

For the A7's, what range of air pressure are you running?
Thanks.
yeahmag
I think we usually end up around 22 PSI hot. I’d suggest starting at 25 PSI and air down slowly.
crash914
Thanks, That is about where I usually start, most times I end up around 21 or 22.

I was thinking lower might be better, say around 17 but haven't tried it.
Regards, herb
914 Ranch
The last time I ran the car I was finally getting some scuffing on the edges of the rears at 15 psi and only on the outside of the front at 14.5 psi. I needed to take some more camber out of the front. Last time I weighed her she was in at 1609 pounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.