Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: e-brake handle assembley removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
I am in the process of installing the vinyl and carpet kits from 914Rubber, but need to remove the e-brake to remove the old carpet and install the new one. What is the process without affecting the other connections back at the rear of the car? Is there any special tricks to removing the handle assembly and not play around with the settings at the back brake?
TIA
drem914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 25 2019, 08:32 AM) *

I am in the process of installing the vinyl and carpet kits from 914Rubber, but need to remove the e-brake to remove the old carpet and install the new one. What is the process without affecting the other connections back at the rear of the car? Is there any special tricks to removing the handle assembly and not play around with the settings at the back brake?
TIA

Sorry, did not do a search, looks like the topic is covered quite a bit. Where should the cable be disconnected and how?
iankarr
You don't need to disconnect the cable. Just undo the single bolt holding the handle to the frame and pull it off. For the install, cut an X in the carpet for the pivot "dowel" and bolt hole. Then once the carpet is in, trim accordingly. The harder part is molding the carpet to conform to the relief in the long. You basically have to either wrestle with it, adding heat and pulling/stretching...or cut reliefs to allow the carpet to follow the contours.
drem914
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Feb 25 2019, 09:49 AM) *

You don't need to disconnect the cable. Just undo the single bolt holding the handle to the frame and pull it off. For the install, cut an X in the carpet for the pivot "dowel" and bolt hole. Then once the carpet is in, trim accordingly. The harder part is molding the carpet to conform to the relief in the long. You basically have to either wrestle with it, adding heat and pulling/stretching...or cut reliefs to allow the carpet to follow the contours.

But my carpet has the hole cut for the bolts along with the cut to allow for the cable to pass under the carpet when it goes over the square metal shelf leading to the back firewall. (Circled in Red) Somewhere, somehow, unless i want to cut the carpet i need to undo the cable or a point of connection.
Click to view attachment
bbrock
Disconnect it at the pin just in front of your red circle. The clip in your pic slides off the end of the pin and then you push the pin out of of cable end.
drem914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 25 2019, 11:04 AM) *

Disconnect it at the pin just in front of your red circle. The clip in your pic slides off the end of the pin and then you push the pin out of of cable end.

Thanks, I was hoping that might be the case, but wanted to make sure. Going to add some penetrating fluid first to help remove both the handle and pins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.