Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found another 914 shop near the DFW Airport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
DC Racing. Dan Cashman 40 years of Porsche service and restoration. Owns and drives Teeners. His wife drives a red 2.0 too. Long conversation with Dan and a nice guy full of Porsche. 944, 3 914’s, 2 911’s in his personal garage.

PCA people probably know Dan but I’m passing on a 914 loving shop.

http://dcracinganddevelopment.com/index.html
914Sixer
Yes, I remember DC from back in the 1990's.
Literati914
They used to be off loop12 & shady grove in Irving..took my first 914 to them in '94 for a master cylinder replacement...upon completion and pick up, the owner (Dan I guess), suggested that I should do my own work on the 914. It wasn't that he didn't want the work but rather just an encouraging suggestion to a young enthusiast. I took the advice and have basically done my own work ever since.
ClayPerrine
I have known Dan Cashman for 30 years. He is a good guy, and a really good mechanic. He used to have a large shop with multiple employees and a complete parts department. When he got divorced, he had to close the shop and sell everything. Now he is a 1 man outfit. Still excellent work.

MiniStevieG
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 26 2019, 08:23 AM) *

I have known Dan Cashman for 30 years. He is a good guy, and a really good mechanic. He used to have a large shop with multiple employees and a complete parts department. When he got divorced, he had to close the shop and sell everything. Now he is a 1 man outfit. Still excellent work.

Good to know thanks! I put a call into Dan to introduce myself and speak with him about my current restoration(s)
Cheers!!
aharder
I used to buy my parts from Dan back when he he had his Parts Department. He put a case together for me back when I was young and dumb.
MiniStevieG
QUOTE(aharder @ Feb 27 2019, 09:00 PM) *

I used to buy my parts from Dan back when he he had his Parts Department. He put a case together for me back when I was young and dumb.

Talked to Dave today regarding my current restoration. Good to know I’ve got backup in case things don’t go as planned. Due to my lack of swap experience I’m considering having his team do the work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.