Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tim’s LED lit gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
this might have been one of the easiest mods i have done and while i had bice guages ans they already had a LED lighting done by the late Al Garcia, i really wanted to get these in, very nice! took a couple hours at most. here are some pictures .
I won these at Okteenerfest up in Banner Elk NC . just wanted to thank Tim foe donating these!!

DRPHIL914
color!
DRPHIL914
purple!
DRPHIL914
green!
DRPHIL914
red
DRPHIL914
And Blue
DRPHIL914
put my brushed aluminum rings on , purdy!
DRPHIL914
stsrimg out looks like a mess- take one at a time and mark all clearly and take pictures
DRPHIL914
even the backs
were polished and cleaned by Tim. These are early gauges but i like the look!
DRPHIL914
controller- has a remote of course!
Coondog
Great mod. Congrats
jim_hoyland
Looks great ! Are they dimmable ?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 25 2019, 10:13 PM) *

Looks great ! Are they dimmable ?

yes- on the remote-
timothy_nd28
Looks great! It's always nice seeing them gauges lit up at night, changes the night time driving experience.
porschetub
Went too LED lamps.....just ok but not the real solution,have done LED strip in 2 gauges what a difference.
One of the few systems that works from the get go in my car,stuff works and then no go.
Bit of work to pull the gauge apart but worth it.
DRPHIL914
yes worth it for sure, so now i see how bad my signal lever looks with chipped off paint! something alon with my E-brake handle i didnt do when replacing what seemed like everything last summer.
any ideas? seems like i could just chip off the rest of the paint .

mepstein
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 26 2019, 08:07 AM) *

yes worth it for sure, so now i see how bad my signal lever looks with chipped off paint! something alon with my E-brake handle i didnt do when replacing what seemed like everything last summer.
any ideas? seems like i could just chip off the rest of the paint .

Get a spray can of SEM black trim paint and refinish it. The paint is correct for the wipers and other parts so it comes in handy.
Big Len
Tim did my gauges, very happy.
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif

Tim is the MAN!
914_7T3
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 25 2019, 06:14 PM) *

stsrimg out looks like a mess- take one at a time and mark all clearly and take pictures

And use this diagram for appearance group cars as a reference just to be sure!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.