Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper Assembly Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MiniStevieG
I’ve gotten everything else in working order now and I’m down to my final electrical issue before I can pass inspection. So my wipers haven’t worked since I bought the car and before I get to the engine swap I’m going to address this. To the the naked eye the assembly appears to be rusted frozen.

Looks like there’s no other way to get that assembly out other than removing what I think is the heater box in front of it. I’ve read that removing that box blocking the assembly is a real bigger and I’m looking for alternate suggestions before I start digging into it. Also I’m curious what relays and fuses might be related to the wiper assembly. Any suggestions?
914Sixer
No way around it, blower box has to come out to work on wipers.
Mark Henry
The rubber isolator mount is hidden and you have remove the nut or you'll break it.
Mark Henry
When it's out you could mod the arms (bend) and reclock the linkage to make the wipers park on the opposite side. There's a how to on pelican.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 26 2019, 10:23 AM) *

When it's out you could mod the arms (bend) and reclock the linkage to make the wipers park on the opposite side. There's a how to on pelican.

Noooooo
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 26 2019, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 26 2019, 10:23 AM) *

Noooooo

lol-2.gif

That's what I said when I almost did it back in the day. But at the time I didn't do it because it's wrong...I said "Noooo" because it was way too much work.
914Sixer
Mounting isolator nut is on the inside of car behind the speedometer.
Rob-O
I thought gas tank has to come out to get the fresh air box out. Is that not right? I swear I removed the tank when I did it. Maybe it was just I was planning on pulling the tank anyways...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.