Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Ruber Vinyl trim Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
I am refinishing the interior of my '75 that originally came with the appearance group and center console.
I purchased the 914Rubber vinyl trim kit that covers the center bar and the sides of the center tunnel.
The factory just painted those areas with quick spray of low sheen black paint.
Has anyone else installed the vinyl and if so, what did you think?
Trying to decide if I should do the same and just do a fresh shot of black paint and move on to putting the new carpets back in. TIA
Mikey914
Made the kit as I found remains of these in a few cars. Not sure if they were used on every car, but thought they were. I did find these on apearance group car, my 75. The 73 also has them.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 27 2019, 08:39 PM) *

Made the kit as I found remains of these in a few cars. Not sure if they were used on every car, but thought they were. I did find these on apearance group car, my 75. The 73 also has them.

agree.gif I have found enough pieces in enough cars to lead me to assume that they were in all of them. Ass u me!
drem914
Thanks Mark. I am not trying to be stickler to originality, but mine did not have it. No glue where they would have attached any of them, just the black paint. I have owned it for 35 years. and I am the first to take the carpets out except to put in a new speedo cable, which was just this past year.
Also, thanks again for all the parts you put out and for the great customer service.
Mikey914
I was curious if all had them I had assumed they did. But I don't know what I don't know.

I too have seen the black paint, I assume it was a previous owner "quick fix".

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.