Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New custom Triad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Always good to see the delivery truck show up. . Custom Triad for the 72, dual out system with hidden passenger side exit and custom tip to exit my rear real porthole six valance. Install coming this weekend

Big shout out to Dave at Triad, he was awesome to work with on this semi custom project.

Click to view attachment

sixnotfour
aktion035.gif you got that in record time.... shades.gif driving.gif
bandjoey
I thought Dave was not making these any more. Looks Great.

johnlush
That's trick! So does the right side just dump down below the valance? I've been intrigued by Triad but wasn't sure how LOUD they may be!
Ferg
Yes right side is downturned and exits to ground. That tip is black so should be well hidden. They sound great Gint has had one for years.
MiniStevieG
I’ve spoken with Dave a few times over the past several weeks. I put my order in smile.gif
pete000
Best exhaust for the 914..Period !
johnlush
Like a wastegate dump-pipe! aktion035.gif Look forward to hearing it. Can't remember the last time I saw Gint or his car... But then again, I don't get out much...

QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 28 2019, 05:14 PM) *

Yes right side is downturned and exits to ground. That tip is black so should be well hidden. They sound great Gint has had one for years.

Literati914
QUOTE(MiniStevieG @ Feb 28 2019, 06:16 PM) *

I’ve spoken with Dave a few times over the past several weeks. I put my order in smile.gif

I've got one just like this, that I picked up second hand and is waiting on my project. Not sure how I feel about the turned down pipe.. I thought about contacting triad about selling me a right side pipe that matches the left.... Cutting off the right side and making them twin exits out the back/side. Of course that would lead to me needing to custom up a rear valance. I may or may not, haven't decided yet.
mb911
I have done that 2nd outlet like that on allot of my mufflers.. Pretty cool to fake people out.
Stltri
Yes Triad Dave still alive and making these by hand himself. Also received mine a few days ago. Waiting to be installed. A pleasure to work with Dave. Ordered mine flat black to make it less conspicuous since I don’t have a rear valance.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Feb 28 2019, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(MiniStevieG @ Feb 28 2019, 06:16 PM) *

I've got one just like this, that I picked up second hand and is waiting on my project. Not sure how I feel about the turned down pipe.. I thought about contacting triad about selling me a right side pipe that matches the left.... Cutting off the right side and making them twin exits out the back/side. Of course that would lead to me needing to custom up a rear valance. I may or may not, haven't decided yet.

dave did mine about 8 years ago, dual outlet both sides and customized a valence to match. looks pretty good with some ss tips too, congrats you are going to both love your Triad!

i recently trimmed the tips 2” off so thst they wont stick out so far, i wanted them to be more flush with the bumper. my ss tips will go back on to give a nice finished look.
Literati914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 2 2019, 07:42 AM) *

dave did mine about 8 years ago, dual outlet both sides and customized a valence to match. looks pretty good with some ss tips too, congrats you are going to both love your Triad!

i recently trimmed the tips 2” off so thst they wont stick out so far, i wanted them to be more flush with the bumper. my ss tips will go back on to give a nice finished look.

Wow Phil that looks great! Thanks for posting that pic.. I may go that route too. Either way the Triad is a great muffler and Im glad I snagged one!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Mar 2 2019, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 2 2019, 07:42 AM) *

Wow Phil that looks great! Thanks for posting that pic.. I may go that route too. Either way the Triad is a great muffler and Im glad I snagged one!

thanks, i need to get the SS tips back on before Werks reunion friday.
Here’s what it looked like before i cut it back, just seemed too long. they were fine with the BUB’s but chrome bumpers are a good bit shorter.
euro911
The 'BB' sported one for a while too ... cool_shades.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.