Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Sucks!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I am ready to pull the rear suspension on my car and send it out to the powdercoaters, but I can't!!!!

The lift is occupied.

Betty's 914 pulled an exhaust stud on the left side. One that already had an insert in it, and has to be welded up and remachined. So now her car sits on the lift with the engine out, and the left hand head off and at the machine shop.

I am getting really bummed out b 914s right now. sad.gif

The worst part of this is that I am now driving the 74 corvette to work. Everytime I touch the accellerator I start hearing a cash register ring in my head. Going from about 30 MPG and a 16 gallon tank in the 914 to about 18 MPG and a 12 gallon tank means that I fill up every other day!

This is getting bad enough that I am thinking about going home and beer3.gif , and I don't drink!!!! Anyone have any really good progress picts to help cheer me up?

tat2dphreak
lemme get this straight: you are whining because your LIFT is occupied and you are having to drive a 74 vette?! dry.gif I'll trade you problems, man wink.gif I''ll take that damn lift off your hands and you can use my jack stands, and you can drive my POS chrysler, and I'll take the vette.. laugh.gif the chrysler does get about 27mpg though...

biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
Gee Clay... I feel your pain. biggrin.gif

It's not much, but here's all I can offer for a progress pic.

Joseph Mills
I was going to list this item on e-bay with a starting bid of 500.00.

But hell, if it would cheer you up, I'll offer it to you instead. biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Jun 22 2005, 07:56 AM)
I was going to list this item on e-bay with a starting bid of 500.00.

But hell, if it would cheer you up, I'll offer it to you instead. biggrin.gif

Sorry Joseph...

I can't use it. The 911 style dash covers the ash tray hole. Good starting price though. biggrin.gif

Wayne,

If you want to use the lift for a big project, just call me. We can bring your car over and change a transmission or whatnot. If the lift is open, I am always willing to help out a friend.

Root_Werks
Shit happens Clay. I SHOULD have been done with my six by now. But I have had a few things come in the way. My wifes car(944) lately can't seem to keep itself on the road no matter how much time and money I spend on it. Couple that with a gutter system that fell off the back of my house and presto! I am out of money and time for the 914. So it has just been sitting for the last 3 weeks.

I don't drink either, but I am with you. biggrin.gif Lately, I have been thinking about just saying "Screw it" for a day and kicking back with a cold one. beerchug.gif biggrin.gif beer.gif
Joe Bob
I drove the 914/6 into work today.....top off and did the rev to redline in four gears backing off on fifth....got to work in near record time.

Rennshift, new bushings and the Root Werk Special shift rod.... shifts like butter.
ClayPerrine
Mikey.....

finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif

FOESADMF!!!!

Joe Bob
FEEL THE LOVE COMING FROM TEJAS
bootyshake.gif
DougC
Clay, I've been wondering where you were on your six project..actually, I assumed you were driving it daily by now 'cause the last time I saw you and your car you'd just installed the engine and that was quite a while ago. Did you get to drive it at all since then? If so, what's your (initial) impression? I'm still not done with mine, still held up by a lack of funds to get my Oil Cooler modified and the alternator rebuilt on my 2.7...I guess it'll eventually be finished but it sure is taking forever. I will not give up though! Did you decide to use your external oil cooler? I'm in the market if you know of one for sale, I want to mount one in the front bumper area. Oh, and I still have your 2.5" (I think that's the size) hole saw, didn't mean to keep it so long.

Doug C
ClayPerrine
Doug,

The conversion is not running yet. I am being very picky on the reassembly. Interior is almost done, just have to install the seat tracks and the seats.

I want to get the rear suspension done. Then I can put the exhaust on it , bleed the brakes, install the fuel tank, and start it up!!!

I have not driven that car in over 5 years..... sad.gif All I get to do is sit in it and make "vroom vroom" noises.

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 22 2005, 09:01 AM)

Wayne,

If you want to use the lift for a big project, just call me. We can bring your car over and change a transmission or whatnot. If the lift is open, I am always willing to help out a friend.

I appreciate the offer, Clay! beerchug.gif but I was just giving you a hard time... thanks though! beer.gif

I don't THINK I have any BIG projects left(I hope)

I dropped the engine saturday to check the crank free-play, change the shift seal on the tranny, put the flapper pieces on, and put engine tin seals in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.