Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car repair report back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Toy
An inexperienced and texting while speeding driver, after over-correcting her car, crashed into my car while intending to pass me on the passenger side - see first pic - spun my car 180 degrees sliding backwards some 50 yards to a halt facing backwards WTF.gif headbang.gif mad.gif She admitted it was her fault but denied she was texting mad.gif Luckily there was no other traffic in either direction, and neither she or I was injured (I had my four strap track harness on).
Click to view attachment

While getting repair quotes and with the cooperation of Hagerty Ins. and inspection showing no frame impact/damage and sage advice from several of you here, I decided to have the car repaired at Art's Place in Costa Mesa CA, rather than write it off. I am pleased with the outcome which was made possible by locating non rusted/damaged replacement parts - complete 1/4 panel, door and trailing arm (thanks to Vince), and installation via factory location spot welding the 1/4 panel on. Car is equivalent to original with high quality metal and paint prep and application by Art's Place in Costa Mesa CA, see last two pics:
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
beerchug.gif
BENBRO02
QUOTE(914Toy @ Mar 2 2019, 04:05 PM) *

An inexperienced and texting while speeding driver, after over-correcting her car, crashed into my car while intending to pass me on the passenger side - see first pic - spun my car 180 degrees sliding backwards some 50 yards to a halt facing backwards WTF.gif headbang.gif mad.gif She admitted it was her fault but denied she was texting mad.gif Luckily there was no other traffic in either direction, and neither she or I was injured (I had my four strap track harness on).

While getting repair quotes and with the cooperation of Hagerty Ins. and inspection showing no frame impact/damage and sage advice from several of you here, I decided to have the car repaired at Art's Place in Costa Mesa CA, rather than write it off. I am pleased with the outcome which was made possible by locating non rusted/damaged replacement parts - complete 1/4 panel, door and trailing arm (thanks to Vince), and installation via factory location spot welding the 1/4 panel on. Car is equivalent to original with high quality metal and paint prep and application by Art's Place in Costa Mesa CA, see last two pics:

The car looks fantastic. I'm curious if you had to pay out of pocket or if the at fault driver's insurance covered the bill.
Big Len
Holy shit, looks great.
thelogo
Look good sir k.
Sorry anyone has to go thru that .

And why is there a /6 badge on there?
914Toy
Answers:

1) No hassle with Hagerty who covered full repair cost plus towing, and no premium increase. Probably helped that she admitted it was her fault.

2) Because it is a "6", 1977 911 2.7L. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Glad you repaired the car and it looks perfect. beerchug.gif
Kids on phones driving scare the heck out of me and I see them all day long.
Coondog
Good news is your 914 was fixed the right way. Better news is you were not injured.
Dion
Nice! Glad Hagerty came through for you. Sorry you had that happen.
Glad no one was injured.
Lucky9146
Keith, Sure looked bad, sure looks great now! Sorry to hear it happened. Glad you're ok and Haggerty stepped up.
driving.gif white914.jpg
sixnotfour
smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
jagalyn
Good thing no other cars were around... could have been much worse. Looks great!
EdwardBlume
Time to go for another drive! Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif
sb914
piratenanner.gif looks great kieth. Arts place does wonderful work.
ValcoOscar
Keith-

Great update.

Can't wait to see it. Hagerty ROCKS piratenanner.gif

Oscar

Superhawk996
I saw this post a while back. Amazed you have it fixed already. Looks great.

Another 914 saved. piratenanner.gif
wes
Sorry you had to go through that but looks like they did a great job and also great to hear how Hagerty handled the whole process. Get out and drive!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.