Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway Bar Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Okay, got 23mm front and stock rear sway bars coming my way. Would it be okay to go ahead and install them running stock Boges or should I wait until I get the Konis??? smash.gif
skline
The shocks are only a damper, they wont have that much to do with the sway control of the car. You can run Boge or any shock and get the same effect for the most part. The springs however, will make a huge difference. What springs are you running in the rear?
tat2dphreak
go for it, I think you'll have to unhook the drop links when you install the shocks, but it's not a big deal... no reason to put off really... if you wanted you could install the bar and wait on connecting to the A-Arm, that gets the cutting and "hard part" out of the way
Allan
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 22 2005, 08:45 AM)
What springs are you running in the rear?

I have a set of #150's coming.
Allan
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 22 2005, 08:46 AM)
that gets the cutting and "hard part" out of the way

What cutting and please explain "hard part".
Dave_Darling
You won't even need to unhook the droplinks to install the shocks. Done a couple of sets so far without having to do that...

--DD
skline
You would be fine with that. Hook it all up and test it out. Some assembly required. biggrin.gif
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif Got all new mounting hardware from Engman already!!!!

Cool stuff.....
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jun 22 2005, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 22 2005, 08:46 AM)
that gets the cutting and "hard part" out  of the way

What cutting and please explain "hard part".

you gotta cut a hole in the fenderwell to run the front bar under the gas tank... and to bolt it in... if your car didn't have the front sway bar to begin with, anyway...
Allan
Oh, that's not too bad. I already have the a-arm tabs so I don't need to deal with that..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.