Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Aluminum Crossbar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
911 aluminum crossbar /crossmember. Great condition. Vapor-blasted. $250 + 15 ship. Email - mark@markepstein.net to purchase.
pdlightning
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 4 2019, 02:15 PM) *

911 aluminum crossbar /crossmember. Great condition. Vapor-blasted. $275 + ship. Email - mark@markepstein.net to purchase.

Wondering what shipping estimate would be to California? For a friend, thanks.
mepstein
QUOTE(pdlightning @ Mar 6 2019, 12:24 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 4 2019, 02:15 PM) *

911 aluminum crossbar /crossmember. Great condition. Vapor-blasted. $275 + ship. Email - mark@markepstein.net to purchase.

Wondering what shipping estimate would be to California? For a friend, thanks.

$22
@pdlightning
mepstein
still available.
mepstein
sold.
mepstein
I got another one ready. Looks the same as the one I posted previously. $250 + 15 ship.
pete000
FYI, saves four pounds over the stock metal beam, but is a bit more flexible...
mepstein
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 19 2019, 09:05 PM) *

FYI, saves four pounds over the stock metal beam, but is a bit more flexible...

Possibly more flexible but Porsche spec’d it on the 80’s Carreras, a 2800lb car. I doubt our 914’s are too much for it. And it looks cool.
mepstein
still available
Superhawk996
May be a silly question but what about the other two mounting points toward the rear of the car? Do those go unused with this bracket or are there some other connections to them not shown?

I like the weight loss but seem like you would want some fore/aft bracking like stock steel bracket.
mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 24 2019, 12:15 PM) *

May be a silly question but what about the other two mounting points toward the rear of the car? Do those go unused with this bracket or are there some other connections to them not shown?

I like the weight loss but seem like you would want some fore/aft bracking like stock steel bracket.

Good observation. It takes two steel straps that look like the ones on a steel crossbar but they are removable. Needed to mount the aluminum crossbar but not included in the sale.

@Superhawk996
mepstein
still have one of these.
914werke
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 24 2019, 09:59 AM) *
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 24 2019, 12:15 PM) *
what about the other two mounting points toward the rear of the car? Do those go unused with this bracket, or are there some other connections to them not shown? I like the weight loss but seem like you would want some fore/aft bracing like stock steel bracket.
@Superhawk996 Good observation. It takes two steel straps that look like the ones on a steel crossbar but they are removable. Needed to mount the aluminum crossbar but not included in the sale.

agree.gif Not to hijacked.gif but also, if you want to keep the gravel shield, you need the rearward tabs as well.
This is how I addressed it Click to view attachment
mepstein
Sold. Thanks, mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.