Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Individual throttle body on an LS conversion?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billium01
Hello,

First I just want to say that these cars I posted pictures of are all beautiful works of art. But has anyone used an Individual throttle body (ITB) manifold on their LS swap? Low restriction, looks cool and you wouldn't have to cut the cross member at the front of the trunk. Thanks for looking. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Beebo Kanelle
Harrop on an LS - but not in a 914 - transforms the engine... extremely responsive.

Borla has one, but no experience.
billium01
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Mar 4 2019, 02:52 PM) *

Harrop on an LS - but not in a 914 - transforms the engine... extremely responsive.

Borla has one, but no experience.

Good looking intake. Can imagine the throttle response must be really good. Thanks for sharing.
sixnotfour
tygaboy does
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6900&st=520
billium01
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 5 2019, 07:39 AM) *

Nice! Thank you! One hell of a car.

Andyrew
I think the biggest downfall with ITB is the intense amount of tuning required as well as the huge cost.

Heres a video from a tuner about them plus dyno pulls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez1M-zmlP04
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 5 2019, 01:19 PM) *

I think the biggest downfall with ITB is the intense amount of tuning required as well as the huge cost.

Heres a video from a tuner about them plus dyno pulls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez1M-zmlP04

agree.gif yeah a couple bucks there. biggrin.gif

I'd like to do this on a C4S, I offer a LS solution everytime I rebuild a 996 engine, no takers so far.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 5 2019, 11:29 AM) *

I offer a LS solution everytime I rebuild a 996 engine, no takers so far.

lol-2.gif

I think a C4S LS3 would be killer... I'd love to find a 997 C4s with an LS to replace the 944 and maybe the daily.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 5 2019, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 5 2019, 11:29 AM) *

I offer a LS solution everytime I rebuild a 996 engine, no takers so far.

lol-2.gif

I think a C4S LS3 would be killer... I'd love to find a 997 C4s with an LS to replace the 944 and maybe the daily.

LS6 shades.gif
theer
ITB.. because, you know... the throttle response of an LSx in a 914 (or 944, for that matter) just isn't enough!

I do like the "don't have to but the firewall" aspect, though.

dan10101
I have the white one in the first picture.
I've considered ITBs for looks. Chris's LS with ITBs looks stunning.

I wouldn't do it for additional power. And if you look at a cross section of an LS6 manifold it looks very much like ITBs. Plus I would have to redo my firewall to make it fit. But, it would look killer.

Oh, and ~1300 ish gets the ITBs unlike the 5k in the video.
https://www.megatunning.com/individual-thro...6-sfd52-itb-kit
tygaboy
Be careful and do your research on the "inexpensive" ITBs. I did ahead of getting the Borla set up. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Alignment issues with the shafts, very hard to get them to sync.
And depending on what room you have and orientation of the intake runners, check out the Jenvey's, too. They make a nice product, as pictured.

billium01
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Mar 5 2019, 05:32 PM) *

Be careful and do your research on the "inexpensive" ITBs. I did ahead of getting the Borla set up. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Alignment issues with the shafts, very hard to get them to sync.
And depending on what room you have and orientation of the intake runners, check out the Jenvey's, too. They make a nice product, as pictured.

Thanks for the tips guys. That Jenvey's set up seems like a nice compromise between quality and price. ITB sure do look good on an engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.