Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teenhulk's high school Co-op placement blog
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teen Hulk
Hi my names Ethan and I doing my Co-op at Flatnines, my dad's shop. This is a record of the things I will be working on and my duties for my high school Co-op placement. Most of it is on VW and Porsche, lots of 914 stuff and some on my '82 Audi.

First job is cleaning up an old 1.7 for my mom's '72 914.

Tom_T
Cool to start young!

welcome.png

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Krieger
Awesome! Keep us posted. What you learned and all. Eh!
76-914
welcome.png about 10 years ago we had another High School kid interested in 914’s. He got his degree and has since married but he still has his 914 albeit a six cylinder now.
Mark Henry
My boy biggrin.gif

One project is he's going to be tearing down and rebuilding his own 914 transmission in just over a week. I'll be building a 911 67s tranny beside him. Doing it Dr Evil clinic style, if he gets it wrong I'll rip the stack apart and say "Start again!"

I also have a lot of greasy parts for him to clean. smile.gif
Dion
This is fantastic.You go Ethan! Wish I had an opportunity like this when I was 18.
Very cool. Good luck!
burton73

Hi Ethan,

Welcome to the 914world. You have a great job working with one of the masters.

Enjoy this time. You are young and strong and have a lot to absorb from your dad.
My dad was one of my best friends. A couple more years and you will not be a teenager.
My son is 21.

Best from Los Angeles,

Bob B

welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif assimilate.gif
Mikey914
Both my boys had 914's for their 1st car. They both still have 914's. While Taylor is doing a ground up resto, and has a way to go, they are a great 1st car.

welcome.png
krazykonrad
welcome.png
Teen Hulk
Heres an update on what i've been doing for the past few weeks.
I've taken apart one of my dads buddies engine and cleaned up my moms engine also started to take apart one of my dads customers engines.
Teen Hulk
Also did some work on my Audi started to move the battery in the back and switching the stereo.
76-914
No gloves? Got to be freezing in that garage. Stay after it. As you know by now, "clean" is VERY important during an engine build. Keep up the good work young man. beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 11 2019, 03:20 PM) *

No gloves? Got to be freezing in that garage. Stay after it. As you know by now, "clean" is VERY important during an engine build. Keep up the good work young man. beerchug.gif

Fully heated shop, this spring I'm adding AC, like my heat it has to be able to keep up with my paint booth fan running.
Likely early AM, I programed the heat down to 48F overnight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.