Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 motor on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tailwind22
Just noticed 914-6 complete motor (buildable core) on ebay from DC Motors. Serial #6405060: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323723349390?ul_noapp=true

VaccaRabite
$14,000 for a core engine?

Is that really the going rate for a CORE small bore Porsche engine?

Zach
Mild Bill
There is a rebuilt 2.0 from a 911T on bring a trailer ending in a few hours. Could probably be had for about that price.
mepstein
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 7 2019, 12:47 PM) *

$14,000 for a core engine?

Is that really the going rate for a CORE small bore Porsche engine?

Zach

Nope.
About $3-4K for a core and a bit more if it has Weber carbs. Maybe $6,500 on the high end with air cleaner and sheet metal. Then $10-15k to rebuild it. 3.0 - 3.6’s however are going up and up.
Unobtanium-inc
If you ever get a chance to stop by the seller's place, DC Auto, you should stop. I was there last week and it was pretty crazy, Porsches as far as they eye can see.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 7 2019, 01:25 PM) *

If you ever get a chance to stop by the seller's place, DC Auto, you should stop. I was there last week and it was pretty crazy, Porsches as far as they eye can see.

That's a lot of donor cars!
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 7 2019, 02:56 PM) *

This was one of three buildings.
mepstein
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 7 2019, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 7 2019, 02:56 PM) *

This was one of three buildings.

I used to stop in about once a month. The owner, Rob is good friends with the owner of our shop and we trade stuff back and forth. One time Rob sent his guys with a big trailer to pick up some parts cars from us. We loaded the trailer with almost a hundred used tires. It cost him $3/tire to get rid of them. He was pissed. But he’s a good guy and has been doing it for a while. His building is 140,000sq/ft. About the size of a football field. All indoors. Everything is organized and on shelves. He also carries a ton of new stuff from Dansk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.