Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos of Seam sealer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
Ok I have looked and looked for photos of the interior seam sealer. Someone posted a diagram but it doesn't show the texture and it's difficult to see exactly where the product goes. I know this subject has been beat to death but the particular area I'm looking for is the door area behind the front fender. Is this brushed on or sprayed? Also i have seen some photos of seam sealer on the floor boards where they meet the longs and others without. Does this depend on year? confused24.gif

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

dr914@autoatlanta.com
take a pic of the exact areas and I will photo an original car in the same areas

QUOTE(BPic @ Mar 7 2019, 06:54 AM) *

Ok I have looked and looked for photos of the interior seam sealer. Someone posted a diagram but it doesn't show the texture and it's difficult to see exactly where the product goes. I know this subject has been beat to death but the particular area I'm looking for is the door area behind the front fender. Is this brushed on or sprayed? Also i have seen some photos of seam sealer on the floor boards where they meet the longs and others without. Does this depend on year? confused24.gif

bbrock
George's offer is the best, but I can tell you everything was brushed on in my car except:
- trunk areas
- the foot well where floor meets bulkhead
- inside fuel compartment where bulkhead meets floor and fenders
- lower-upper firewall seam
- around welding access plugs on both sides except the inside of the cockpit floors that were covered with tar.

My 73 did not have sealer between the longs and floor that I could see, but I added it (brushed on) because it seems like a good idea.

Some good photos of texture are found in CAIRO's SIX - Part 2, Moving on to ASSEMBLY! here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2568506

I followed that procedure and was very happy with the result although if I had access to the proper Wurth gun, I would have gone that route.
BPic
Thanks guys. I'll post the pics a little later.

Thanks again.
BPic
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 7 2019, 09:50 AM) *

take a pic of the exact areas and I will photo an original car in the same areas

QUOTE(BPic @ Mar 7 2019, 06:54 AM) *

George, This is the only area I need. Thanks!

Click to view attachment
defianty
All the seams there on my 73 were painted quite thickly in seam sealer. I'm sure someone will be along soon with a picture or two.
defianty
Here's the best shot I have of mine.

IPB Image
mgphoto
Original foam in this area had the majority in the wheel well.

Click to view attachment

Back side looks to be brushed on.

Click to view attachment
BPic
The foam makes sense in that area. It's a similar void as the beck top corners of the rear fenders. From Defiantly's photo is clearly looks brushed on.

Thanks everyone I do appreciate all of you! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.