Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastwood Rotisserie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MiniStevieG
Would love to hear some community feedback on the Eastwood Rotisserie I’m considering for my 75’ restoration. Priced at just over $1000.
Click to view attachment

How does it stack up against the Weber?
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Massively overbuilt for a 914.
Also, if you can restore a 914 that needs a rotisserie, you can make one for less then 1/2 the cost of the Eastwood product (and then sell it when you are done with it for a profit).

I taught myself how to weld making a rot out of 2 HF 700# and steel from the local steel yard. Sold it about a year or so later for $450 (a small profit).

Zach
malcolm2
I don't think $1000 is too bad. But you gotta add shipping. THink about your time too. Design time, gathering steel, fabrication, Paint etc... $60/hr would be 16 hours. Can't do all that in 2 days. And then you can still sell it in the end. If I had found that in 2013, I would have thought long and hard.

Would it handle a 72 bus ?? KMA.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Mar 7 2019, 09:27 AM) *

I don't think $1000 is too bad. But you gotta add shipping. THink about your time too. Design time, gathering steel, fabrication, Paint etc... $60/hr would be 16 hours. Can't do all that in 2 days. And then you can still sell it in the end. If I had found that in 2013, I would have thought long and hard.

Would it handle a 72 bus ?? KMA.gif

Exactly why we buy them for the shop. $100/hour is best spent having the guys weld cars. We are pretty lucky because Greg Smith equipment is only 10 miles away in tax free Delaware and you can sell it when your done for at least half price. So $500 “rental” for what might be a multi year project is a pretty good deal.
bbrock
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 7 2019, 07:07 AM) *

Massively overbuilt for a 914.
Also, if you can restore a 914 that needs a rotisserie, you can make one for less then 1/2 the cost of the Eastwood product (and then sell it when you are done with it for a profit).

I taught myself how to weld making a rot out of 2 HF 700# and steel from the local steel yard. Sold it about a year or so later for $450 (a small profit).

Zach

agree.gif If you can DIY the welding on your 914 resto (and we already know that you can), you can DIY a rotisserie for much less money and it doesn't take that much time. I built mine in well under a day which is a blink in the time for the overall project. I'm sure I have less than $500 in materials in mine.

Sure, if you are paying for labor, it makes sense to buy one, but I don't consider my DIY labor costs anymore than I consider them when I go hiking or fishing. It's a hobby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.