Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Promo Film
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mayne
This has probably already been posted here somewhere, but I thought I’d share anyway. Some pretty cool footage of colorful cars.
Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-15YrDwwbo

KELTY360
Nice. Hadn't seen that. I especially liked that all the cars had body colored bumpers...old school.
76-914
Those bumpers do look cool. I wonder if that is a Euro thing? Perhaps @SirAndy would know? beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 7 2019, 10:45 AM) *
Those bumpers do look cool. I wonder if that is a Euro thing? Perhaps @SirAndy would know? beerchug.gif

It's not a "Euro" thing, that's how 914s with no options were delivered.
shades.gif

burton73
I have not seen that. Totally cool. Our guys here in the States could make a great one.

Thanks for the posting.

Bob B
smilie_pokal.gif
johnhora
Thanks for posting Jeremy...
914Sixer
smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 7 2019, 11:12 AM) *

It's not a "Euro" thing, that's how 914s with no options were delivered.

Specifically, how 914s without chrome bumpers in the 70-73 model years were delivered.

The non-chrome ones in 74 were all painted black.

The 75-76 cars had the Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers.

... I could be wrong about the 73 cars; it is possible the transition happened for the 73 model year or during it...

--DD
SRS914
Very cool! Thanks for posting.
sb914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 7 2019, 11:21 AM) *

I have not seen that. Totally cool. Our guys here in the States could make a great one.

Thanks for the posting.

Bob B
smilie_pokal.gif

idea.gif
jim_hoyland
That is cool ! smile.gif
Big Len
Enjoyed it thanks.
rgalla9146
In addition to the bumpers the two sail panel trims and cross bar trim piece were body color. And no black sail vinyl.
rgalla9146
DP
oldschool
Nice!
wes
Thanks agree.gif with all the above.
ndfrigi
wow really nice! missed driving a 914!
914-300Hemi
Very nice smilie_pokal.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 7 2019, 01:26 PM) *

... I could be wrong about the 73 cars; it is possible the transition happened for the 73 model year or during it...

--DD

It did. Mine (April 73) has black. I was thinking the black bumper started with the 73 MY.
Amphicar770
Those body colored bumper panels look great. Seeing this also highlights how hideous the tits on the US bumpers really are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.