Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ravenna Green 74 2.0 w/ 17k miles sold for $80k
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RichPugh
Amazing car but holy crap, I didn’t expect that!

Click to view attachment
sithot
https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1974-porsche-914-2-0-2/

This one is as good as it gets. I've never seen a cleaner car.

Click to view attachment
SKL1
A friend is there and sent me the info! 89k with the premium. Original owner switched the Fuchs for the steelies when new...
And this is a '74 not a '73... wow!
Prices were soft in Scottsdale, but this is crazy!!!
sithot
Delphi Green 914 2.0 sold for $64,960.

jagalyn
Will they be driven or sit in someone’s collection? Time will tell next time these cars come up for sale. That’s the 4th or 5th 4 cyl to go for over $50,000 in the last 6 months or so. Values are moving up... Wonder if any of these guys belong to this site?
RichPugh
This one is as good as it gets. I've never seen a cleaner car.

Click to view attachment

I have... the Ravenna Green one! Lol. The one you posted had obvious tape lines in the door jambs, overspray on rubber trim, dry spots on the A-pillar... it shouldn’t have sold for what it did. The Ravenna car was 100% all original and bizzaro clean. Only saw a door ding on the drivers door and some really small marks on the front but original paint so... It was amazing.
sithot
The Dephi car was the subject of an extensive magazine article a few years ago. The original owner/restrorer used anything new that could be obtained. It was completed to concours level and later purchased by a gentleman who knows a thing or two about concours having won 4 PCA Manhattan Awards and numerous class and over-all wins at PCA Parades since the Manhattan was retired. Were I to restore a car he would be on the short list.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gereed75
Wow, looks very much on par with the white 911 SC that Porsche Classic build new from the ground up. In deed a special example
URY914
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Looks brand new...

If I owned it, I would not drive it.

For that reason, I'm glad I don't own it... in addition to the price tag.
914_7T3
QUOTE(sithot @ Mar 9 2019, 06:44 AM) *

The Dephi car was the subject of an extensive magazine article a few years ago. The original owner/restrorer used anything new that could be obtained. It was completed to concours level and later purchased by a gentleman who knows a thing or two about concours having won 4 PCA Manhattan Awards and numerous class and over-all wins at PCA Parades since the Manhattan was retired. Were I to restore a car he would be on the short list.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

@bbrock Holy Sh-t! Look at the Engine Tin!

shades.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Mar 9 2019, 07:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

shades.gif

lol-2.gif I was going to comment on it. It's wrong! It's been stenciled rather than stamped and is too perfect. I wouldn't give a nickle over $50K for it. laugh.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 9 2019, 07:25 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Mar 9 2019, 07:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

shades.gif

lol-2.gif I was going to comment on it. It's wrong! It's been stenciled rather than stamped and is too perfect. I wouldn't give a nickle over $50K for it. laugh.gif

Why over-restore the tin and not bead blast the fan shroud? And what’s with the frayed edge on the vacuum hose? I’d rather buy Brent’s car. biggrin.gif
Jamie
Haa, the value of my Delphi Green 73 just went way up! beerchug.gif
Itsfred
Hello everybody. I'm the guy who bought the Delphi green car at the Gooding auction, and I've just signed up here. I had a 914 way back when I had hair, and couldn't resist this little beauty. I can't find any of the blemishes a previous poster mentioned -- to my old eyes this car looks just like it rolled off the line. Not that it's perfect. I can't get the front hood to open (oops); the headlights don't seem to pop up; the turn signals are intermittent; yadda yadda. Needless to say, I've been pouring through some of the threads here looking for tips! Thanks, in advance, for your help smile.gif

Fred
preach
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 10:31 AM) *

Hello everybody. I'm the guy who bought the Delphi green car at the Gooding auction, and I've just signed up here. I had a 914 way back when I had hair, and couldn't resist this little beauty. I can't find any of the blemishes a previous poster mentioned -- to my old eyes this car looks just like it rolled off the line. Not that it's perfect. I can't get the front hood to open (oops); the headlights don't seem to pop up; the turn signals are intermittent; yadda yadda. Needless to say, I've been pouring through some of the threads here looking for tips! Thanks, in advance, for your help smile.gif

Fred

welcome.png
altitude411
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 08:31 AM) *

Fred

Some links that might help...

open trunk;

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2403274

headlights;

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214779

turn signals;

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1802325

Congratulations on your new purchase. beautiful car. and welcome.png

Jamie
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 06:31 AM) *

Fred
Welcome to the madness Fred, and we Delphi Green guys stick together! Now drive it, and consider joining us for Okteenerfest in Banner Elk this fall! driving.gif
krazykonrad
welcome.png Welcome aboard!

Konrad
Itsfred
I don't consider it a Faberge egg. It will definitely be driven. But maybe North Carolina is a little bit of a reach...
Cal
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 12:13 PM) *

I don't consider it a Faberge egg. It will definitely be driven. But maybe North Carolina is a little bit of a reach...

welcome.png Fred, you should consider attending the All Aircooled Gathering this coming September in Flanders, NJ. It's only 3 1/2 hours from you in Providence, RI. Here's link to the event....the 914 is the featured car of the show.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335024

bbrock
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 08:31 AM) *

Fred

welcome.png If you were referring to my comment about the engine tin, that was a joke more making fun of myself for doing what has become a similar over the top resto on my own car.

I love Delphi Green. My second 914 was a 73 that was originally Delphi but had been resprayed (poorly) to Bahia Red. The trunks were still Delphi and I thought it was just about the ugliest color I had seen. Boy was I wrong! I just needed to see the whole car in Delphi. Nice ride you have there! beerchug.gif
RichPugh
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Fred

Welcome, Fred!

Congrats on your purchase. The car is fantastic. I didn't mean to take anything away from it. My 914 and 993 have re-sprays that pale in comparison... but, for the sake of mentioning, I was there staring it down inch by inch for about 30 minutes, LOL. Take a look at the paint finish on the bottom area of the drivers side A-Pillar... it is flat and inconsistent with the rest of the pillar. Then take a look at the drivers door jamb up where the body rolls into the B-pillar, there was a noticeable tape line there inside he door jamb from what I remember. Also, it may have been a reflection but there seemed to be paint on the fender/cowl rubber trim up near the drivers A-pillar as well. The restoration is impeccable. Also, being a -4, it shouldnt have the Porsche crest on the hood either but thats just me being knitpicky, LOL.

Drive it! Enjoy it! I'm very happy people like you exist to appreciate these cars enough to be willing to pay real money for them. The 914 has long been the bastard child without real sufficient reason to support it being shunned and ridiculed. These cars are quickly becoming more appreciated and honestly, with how the 911 market has been in the last 10 years, I'm surprised the 914's are just now starting to rocket. I love my 914 and I'm glad you're now a part of the 914 community smile.gif
Itsfred
So it's now my time to look really foolish. The front hood just required a heroic tug, somewhat lessened with a good lube. The turn signals actually do work - it's the dash flasher that's intermittent. And the headlights - they open up much more readily when you pull on the correct knob, rather than the foglight control. So, you can say it's been a productive day beerchug.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 07:31 AM) *

Fred

Beautiful Car! Enjoy every minute of it and most of all..... welcome.png
RFoulds
Beautiful car. I am surprised they sprayed over the undercoating inside the wheel wells rather than remove the undercoating.
iankarr
welcome.png Reading your posts, seems you're already one of us!
cwpeden
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 01:39 PM) *

So it's now my time to look really foolish. The front hood just required a heroic tug, somewhat lessened with a good lube. The turn signals actually do work - it's the dash flasher that's intermittent. And the headlights - they open up much more readily when you pull on the correct knob, rather than the foglight control. So, you can say it's been a productive day beerchug.gif

welcome.png

Wait until you see a novice try to find first gear or reverse... blink.gif
worn
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Mar 18 2019, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 01:39 PM) *

welcome.png

Wait until you see a novice try to find first gear or reverse... blink.gif

Or me, who has had one for ten years.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Fred

welcome.png You are in the perfect place. Welcome to the World! Nice car!
mepstein
QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 04:39 PM) *

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.