Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washer nozzle install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
I'm trying to install the nozzles for the window washer (the ones that go in front of the window where the fluid comes out). I cannot get them to pop in. I've tried soap, twisting, pushing, using a plastic trim tool to push the edges, pulling from under and combinations of these. I cannot get these to go all the way in the hole. They are the black rubber ones with chrome. Is there a trick?
johnlush
You're on the right track. Maybe take out the chrome insert first - you can put it in after they're installed. I've used silicone grease but soap could work. Push from the top and pull from the bottom. Pull to one side to get an edge started then work it around - kind of like putting on a bike tire.
mark04usa
As I recall, the nozzles go in aimed a bit outboard, and then twist back to face the windscreen.
raynekat
Pulling is the key.
I used a set of needle nose pliers very easily to pull the nozzle down into the hole.
rgalla9146
Pull from below, if the car hasn't been painted five times it's easy.
Do you intend to actually use them ?
If so, they can be aimed by inserting a straight pin in the spherical nozzle and
rotating it to your liking. Squirt, aim, squirt, aim etc.
There is a suggested pattern somewhere.
IronHillRestorations
If you're worried about dimpling the cowl, you can use the appropriate size deep well socket for supporting it from underneath
1adam12
Glad this was posted up as I just finished setting up an electric washer system. Couldn't get my new nozzles from Sierra Madre all the way in. Will try some of these tips too.
914 RZ-1
I got them in. I used a very sharp xacto knife to cut the slot in the rubber a bit wider. I painted the car and I think there was just too much paint that made the metal too thick. I also filed the paint off the edge of the hole.

It is a difficult place in which to work, so pulling them from the bottom was almost impossible with any tools. I even removed the canister and fuel filler.

I tried pulling them then using my finger nail to help get the lip of the slot to pop thru the hole. I used wire lube also.

I think the combination of cutting them, filing the hole, lube and pulling them and using my finger nail worked.

What a PITA!

Then I get them all done and the water pump doesn't work! headbang.gif

I will post about that separately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.