Full Version: paint color?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
L97D? what color is this? it's on the tag. confused24.gif
MarkV
metallic red:

http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html
SirAndy
QUOTE (montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 22 2005, 12:48 PM)
L97D? what color is this? it's on the tag. confused24.gif

L 97 D = Colorado-Metallic

smilie_pokal.gif Andy

PS: we need *PICTURES* !!!

PPS: this was a special order color !
montoya 73 2.0
the car had been re-painted a smoke grey. it's in bad condition so i thought about painting it the original color. i found the color tag in the drivers door and that's the number on it. where can i find a spot that would have the OG paint?

i'm sure that's the number but let me look again.
SirAndy
QUOTE (montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 22 2005, 03:01 PM)
where can i find a spot that would have the OG paint?

under the carpet
in the wheel wells
behind the backpad

wink.gif Andy
markb
That's the original color of Dad's car, and that's what it'll be painted again (if I ever get started on it...). If anyone has a pic of a car that color, please post it!! There used to be one in the San Luis Obispo area, but the paint was very oxidized, and I never got a close look at it.
montoya 73 2.0
okay, i looked again and i saw a number that wasn't there ( flash backs from my youth!)

it's actually L96D Metallic Silver

i'm not into silver on a car so maybe i'll go a yellow/gold or green or blue. i need to look at some color charts!!

thanks anyways! spank.gif
montoya 73 2.0
sorry for the screw-up!

damn newbies ar15.gif

personally i like yellow the best pray.gif
McMark
Just keep your eyes out for an original yellow car. Color change cars are worth much less. Silver has long standing appreciation so it's a better investment. Whatever that means. wacko.gif
boxstr
Silver was the Official German Racing color. Red,Italy. Blue, France. etc. Don't know if that means anything but wtf.
CCLINVONNEUMAN
SirAndy
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 22 2005, 09:02 PM)
Just keep your eyes out for an original yellow car. Color change cars are worth much less. Silver has long standing appreciation so it's a better investment. Whatever that means. wacko.gif

agree.gif it is soooo hard to do a color-change right ...

you'll have to strip and blast or dip the body to do it right ...
smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.