Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decent 914 on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dheinz
Nice car. Look at the question to the seller at the bottom. Is this the typical scam of a bogus cashiers check?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=80741
URY914
Nice car....
TROJANMAN
i always love the broken english int he scam artist text.
Kargeek
Nice car. Look at the question to the seller at the bottom. Is this the typical scam of a bogus cashiers check?

Yes, it's the scam...I had someone offer it to me with a Autotrader listing. DH
MikeP
those fucking people ought to be hunted down and castrated. ar15.gif or so they can understand... them's is the people who are the types that itis nec essary to be finding and the balls of which cutting off. please tell to them me if understanding this and willing are you to yes?
Jaiden
I sent the auctioneer a e-mail to warn them of the impending doom they face if they even consider that proposal.

You gotta watch each others back!
skline
If someone wants a PPI dont, I live only a few minutes away from Fountain Valley, I could contact the seller and go by and check it out. Let me know.
flesburg
This is the old 3rd party check scam...

Some rules to live by:

1. Never accept a 3rd party check.

2. NEVER NEVER accept a 3rd party check for an amount greater that the sale price, and then give the buyer the "change".

3. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BELIEVE that all cashiers checks are good. There are a lot of forgeries out there, expecially on foreign banks. If you do not know the bank, call them on the phone. Use a phone book or directory assistance, not a phone number on the face of the check.

Guaranteed, this guy will show up with a 3rd part cashiers check for $500 more that the asking price on the car, and smooze the buyer out of the car title and a check for $500, and he will cash the sellers $500 check within one hour. In one week to ten days the sellers bank will notify seller that the check bounced. Out not only the car, but the $500.

Happens more often that you might believe, and often not reported, out of sheer embarassment at being such a sucker.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.