Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 914 2.0 Daily Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moneyShift
It has been a while since I have been on any forums and this one is quite lively. I'm glad to join you all in enjoying your builds and the never-ending pursuit.

I have recently acquired a 1971 914 with a 1.7L (and spare 2.0 disassembled)
At this point in time I plan on swapping in a 2.0L EJ motor from a Subaru as a reliable daily. Rebuilding a 2.0L or another Porsche engine is on my mind but for the time being I will hold off for the time being.

As far as parts well, I have quite a bit. I haven't had time to go through them all but I have duplicates if not more than I need. Once cataloged I will put up all that needs to go...not sure what I am going to do with 5 targa tops.

I'm sure I'll have more questions about repair and modification as time goes but here are some pictures of the current status:

Most of the interior electronics are not connected and have been removed for repair for now.

Click to view attachment

Beep Beep. Body work and rust removal has begun. Pictures to come.

Click to view attachment

So many parts. Yes, there are 4 spare doors behind those wheels. Catalog coming soon.

Click to view attachment

Hope to see you all at Carlisle!
saigon71
welcome.png

Looks like you have a great starting point.

Along with Carlisle, Hershey puts on a great show in the Spring that draws some people from this forum out.

Where are you at in PA? We're getting quite a few members from the Keystone State.

beerchug.gif
Freezin 914
welcome.png
As with all the builds on here, I will be watching your progress, great project! Have fun, you’re in the right place!
Tdskip
Welcome!
Bleyseng
I don't get it? Why "swap in" a EJ2.0L if you have a 2.0 914 engine already? Alot of hassle to fit in the water cooling setup plus extra weight when you could rebuild the 2.0L to 120 hp and have a daily driver.
76-914
welcome.png Don't stop at the Suby engine. Do the Suby trans and hydraulic clutch conversion as well. BTW, good choice for reliability. I believe that is the chief motivating factor in these Suby conversions. Well, added HP is also an influence. Might as well sell that Air Sucker because, AFAIK, to date no one has pulled a Suby that they installed and put the air sucker back in. As long as it isn't an original 6 or an LE or some other rare collectible 914, I believe legitimate performance or reliability enhancements made are a good thing so long as it doesn't take away from the general appearance of the 914. beerchug.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 10 2019, 07:48 AM) *

I don't get it? Why "swap in" a EJ2.0L if you have a 2.0 914 engine already? Alot of hassle to fit in the water cooling setup plus extra weight when you could rebuild the 2.0L to 120 hp and have a daily driver.

Well....I.d agree with Geoff with due respect to Jaime and Kent but to each his own.

For the money you can get a 986 or 987.....not airsuckers and keep the stock teener and watch it go up in value because good examples are getting hard to find if the tub is unmolested and realatively rust free.

Unless this is your day job good luck.
whitetwinturbo
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif stirthepot.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.