Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identify this carb set up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1adam12
I came across this image in the archives here and I'm really interested in this set up. I see it has UNI foam filters but I cant identify the carb bottom and tops used. Also anyone know what breather set up that is?

To my understanding this used to be Kargeeks car but now is owned by ferg here on the forums who I reached out to but haven't gotten any info back yet.

Chi-town
Looks like Weber 40 IDF carbs with an Empi breather setup
1adam12
Thanks CHI. Im really interested to know what the filter set up is. Closest thing I've found that looked similar was Clewett I believe but not for 4 cyl. Would look great on my Dellorto DRLA 40's
porschetub
Looks like the ITG set up but with UNI filter elements,I like the UNI filters they are well made and filter well in dusty conditions,easy to clean also.
Wonder if they are a little less noisy than cotton gauze type confused24.gif .
jimkelly
nice housing. im looking too.
JmuRiz
One thing about the UNI filters is that the foam can catch fire when/if you backfire smile.gif

They supposedly flow well though
Ferg
I apologize I can't remember when you reached out.

I will look through my records and see if I can find out who made the base plates ect
johnhora
Linkage looks like a CB Performance....not sure about the filters

https://www.cbperformance.com/Linkage-Accessories-s/161.htm

1adam12
Thanks Ferg. I remember you saying the car was in storage. Would be nice to know where those black filter housings top/bottom came from.

Interesting to hear about material issues with backfire on the UNI filters. I would think that there would be more reports of this with so many Baja Bugs running these foam style filters.

QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 11 2019, 08:34 AM) *

I apologize I can't remember when you reached out.

I will look through my records and see if I can find out who made the base plates ect

abes914
QUOTE(1adam12 @ Mar 10 2019, 07:03 AM) *

I came across this image in the archives here and I'm really interested in this set up. I see it has UNI foam filters but I cant identify the carb bottom and tops used. Also anyone know what breather set up that is?

To my understanding this used to be Kargeeks car but now is owned by ferg here on the forums who I reached out to but haven't gotten any info back yet.

Maybe from here?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=aluminum++carb
sixnotfour
old filtron air cleaners''

3bbl,,, sad.gif
1adam12
Ding, Ding, Ding !!! So filtron it is. Thanks guys!
Ferg
I just went through my paperwork. No reciept but I agree Filtron.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.