Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'd been looking for these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I'd been keeping an eye out for these since Kevin Tetch (spl) mentioned these in a video. Found them while aisle shopping at Tractor Supply. wub.gif Wouldn't you know, I've just finished some painting this past week, too. headbang.gif Oh well, I'll let you know if there is any difference the next time that I paint. Maybe I should see if any other pneumatic tools can benefit from the increased area, performance wise. One other quick note. The 1/4" opening actually measured 3/16" across. The 3/8" measures a full 3/8". confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bbrock
Nice find! I saw the same vid and found high volume connectors at the Home Despot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-High-Flow...0138H/205184364

I bought them BEFORE I painted poke.gif smile.gif To be honest, I didn't notice any difference, but I'm not sophisticated enough to know what would be different. They are higher quality connectors than anything else I've been able to find locally so I'm happy I bought them even if only for that.
burton73
I do not think it would make any difference as when spraying paint, you are not flowing that much air. Think of the CFM that an air tool uses. Modern air sprayers are set not to use that much air volume. The Glass beading machine may work better?

Bob B
confused24.gif
mb911
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 10 2019, 12:16 PM) *

I do not think it would make any difference as when spraying paint, you are not flowing that much air. Think of the CFM that an air tool uses. Modern air sprayers are set not to use that much air volume. The Glass beading machine may work better?

Bob B
confused24.gif

agree.gif
76-914
I'm certainly no expert and a Hack Painter at best but I can't help but think it might improve performance on an HVLP gun. Then again with my skill set I'm pretty sure any improvements I'd notice might be imagined. rolleyes.gif
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 10 2019, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 10 2019, 12:16 PM) *

Bob B
confused24.gif

agree.gif

agree.gif

An HVLP gun will do fine with a compressor with a 12 gallon tank that makes 6 CFM at 40 PSI...and you'll never use even 40 PSI with an HVLP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.