Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: flywheel seal installer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
zephyrblau
well made. erroneously marked P215. unable to find a comparable or verify availability. please correct me if I'm mistaken. $75 + postage.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
zephyrblau
also available new from Samstag @ $200
sixnotfour
911 / 914-6...
https://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay....ASABEgLg0PD_BwE
bdstone914
QUOTE(zephyrblau @ Mar 10 2019, 11:05 AM) *

well made. erroneously marked P215. unable to find a comparable or verify availability. please correct me if I'm mistaken. $75 + postage.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Are you sure it works on type iv engines? The link to a Sir tool part says it is for 911 1979 and later. I see the P215 number stamped on it so that is probably what it is.
Do you know how it works?

Can you measure the diameter which should match rhe seal size?
I know the type iv seal is the same diameter as a stub axle flange (100mm ?) as that is what i use to install them. Nice tool for a shop. Pay be an original Porsche tool.
zephyrblau
the center part is bolted to the crank. the seal is placed in position, the "cup" is placed on to the threading and the nut draws the seal into the case. pretty standard procedure.
86mm OD. this one is for a 5 bolt crankshaft. the Tool Discounter unit referred to above is a P215 which is for a 6 bolt crank. this is an aftermarket tool that someone marked erroneously. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=691
287] Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
zephyrblau
now $60 + postage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.