Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prices are WAY up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Ebay Concourse car

I read through this guys ad and many things trigger an alarm in my head. What do you think???
TonyAKAVW
Looks like a Bursch exhaust pipe to me... Something weird on the passenger side door? What color is that? It almost looks like a cream-orange or something. Maybe a bad camera?
Mueller
nice looking car....

I opted to have a lien placed on the car in order to create cash for my home-based business. Since the interest rate on that loan is low, it makes more sense to make small monthly payments than to pay out the loan in full. The actual waiting time for the car and title simply depends on how long it takes for my lender to return the title, which could in fact be far fewer than 90 days. Thank you for your question! J.

didn't think a bank would take a 914 as collateral for a loan.....strange way to borrow money but I guess it could be true......
VegasRacer
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 22 2005, 01:48 PM)
many things trigger an alarm in my head.

Don't bid more than you are willing to flush down the toilet. The guy even admits that he does not have title to the car and expects the buyer to wait 90 days after payment to get the vehicle. It smells awful fishy to me.
TROJANMAN
denver car with a tx license plate. any colorado guys up for a field trip? if not i'll do a ppi alone.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Jun 22 2005, 12:59 PM)
Looks like a Bursch exhaust pipe to me... Something weird on the passenger side door? What color is that? It almost looks like a cream-orange or something. Maybe a bad camera?

phoenix red
MoveQik
Pay a guy for a car. Turns out he doesn't have the title as there is a lien on it. He takes the money. Pisses it away on who knows what and you are entangled in a never ending legal battle trying to get that car from the bank. screwy.gif Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Perhaps if you could work directly with the lien holder to make sure the debt is settled? Or....you could just find a different 30 year old car that it owned free and clear.
jhadler
Asking waaaay too much money. And it doesn't look like a 100 point car anyway. Close, from the pictures. But the pictures are poor anyway. and the lien is a pretty good indicator that something is fishy... I guess if he's willing to allow direct negotiation with the lien holder, that might give it a bit more legitimacy...

-Josh2
william harris
bs.gif alert! bs.gif alert!
Dead Air
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 22 2005, 12:48 PM)
I read through this guys ad and many things trigger an alarm in my head. What do you think???

My alarm went off as soon as I read $21,000 ohmy.gif

For a 2.0 maybe wink.gif
redshift
lol any real CW would icon8.gif at that engine room.

M
rick 918-S
QUOTE (william harris @ Jun 22 2005, 01:56 PM)
bs.gif alert! bs.gif alert!

Some consessions may be made..... agree.gif bs.gif
GWN7
When buying any car it is a good idea to have the title checked for any liens. Your bank can check for you. If there is a lien on the car, make the cheque out to the owner and the bank. That way the bank clears the lien when the cheque is cashed.

I agree that this car is too old for most banks to hold as collateral.

A buddy of mine bought a car at the government car auction (we only have one insurance company here). All cars are suppost to be lien free when they are sold. He has the parts to repair it (Honda). Fixes it up and advertises it for sale. Guy comes looks, likes it, takes the serial number to his bank and they tell him it's got a lien on it from another bank and they call the other bank to find out the details. Turns out the cars previous owner is in default and the bank with the lien is looking for the car and PO.

My buddy gets a call from the guy buying the car asking WTF and the from the bank asking where there car is. He then calls the insurance company who he bought the car from and they say "yep, we screwed up bring us back the car & we will have your money sent to you in a couple weeks" He says no way, I payed cash when I bought the car. Have a cheque ready and you get the car back then.

It is arranged he will get his $$ back that he spent buying the car and he will deliver the car to the insurance companys location the next day. The bank figures they will be getting the car they have been looking for back and they will be able to sell it because it's all been fixed up. The insurance company figures they will be off the hook for screwing up. The only one who looses is my buddy who fixed the car........

The next day my buddy shows up with his flat bed trailer and the car on it. Stripped of all parts that don't have a serial number. Fenders, doors, hoods, seats. A shell with a motor. He says where do you want me to dump it (this is inside the insurance companys estimate center. Well they don't want it, the bank dosen't want it.

He ends up leaving with the car, a cheque from the insurance company for what he payed for the car & extra $$ for his trouble and a clear title from the bank.

24 hrs later all the parts are back on the car and the guy who wanted to buy it is driving off into the sunset with a letter from the bank saying it has a clean title.

Always have your bank check the titles.....

BMartin914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jun 22 2005, 01:09 PM)
denver car with a tx license plate. any colorado guys up for a field trip? if not i'll do a ppi alone.

Let's do it!
boxstr
No problem with the price, but the Italian forged Michelin tire I have a problem with. Any Michelin tire I have a problem with.
CCLINCW
tracks914
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jun 23 2005, 07:21 AM)
No problem with the price, but the Italian forged Michelin tire I have a problem with. Any Michelin tire I have a problem with.
CCLINCW

You must be a Ferrari fan ohmy.gif
chilli
ohmy.gif When dealing with a "deal" like this require payment into Ebay escrow account, notfunds released from escrow. until title and car is in hand, I am going to put that to the seller so watch for his response.

Cloth inserts hummm, where is the rear trunk pad and carpet.????

$21,000 way to much for this car.

The other Michael Willis

driving.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.