Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternative fuel injectors 1972 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bibble
Hello all, probably an old question but would appreciate any input. I’m caught on the horns of the trying to retain the original injection system fitted to my car, and a swap for carbs.

I would much prefer to keep the d- jet but finding it hard to find parts as I guess others are. I saw some aftermarket injectors on eBay -
Manufactured by standard motor products -
Porsche 914 Fuel Injector SMP 63765MH
Has anyone tried these or do you know anything about them ? I have the original yellow injectors fitted currently (Bosch) is there a good quality replacement for them? I understand the originals are no longer available but Is there a Bosch on other known brand alternative?

Appreciate any thoughts

Best wishes

Jonathan
mepstein
Just buy a couple oem cores and send them to mr injector. They will look and work like new when you get them back.
Tdskip
^^^^^^
What he said, I was too slow. Grin.

Didn't we find that new ones are available cheap?

I take it you don't have any injectors now? They can be cost-effectively rebuilt in most cases.
914Sixer
Auto Atlanta had some NOS Bosch but I do not know if they are all gone.
branston
agreed send out you cores.

or a quick search on eBay turned up a long list of NOS and refurbed injectors. FCP Euro have re-manufactured for $29.99 plus core charge

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/porsche-vw...eetle-852-13108

good people to deal with.

Bibble
Thank you all for your thoughts. I have the original injectors, but was rather under the impression they couldn’t be rebuilt only cleaned. Will try one of the two companies mentioned biggrin.gif

On a bit of an extension to the thread - my ECU is original I believe and seems to work although the engine runs rich, I would like as part of renovating the injection system to get it rebuilt. Any particular companies that people have had good experiences of, and is it a good idea ?

Best wishes

Jonathan
mepstein
You are right. The injectors are flow tested, cleaned, new seals and screens and then flow tested again. I’ve sent more than 100 injectors to mr injector and been happy every time. Quick turn around and you are not charged for injectors that he can’t get to function properly. $17.50 each plus ship. That’s what most people refer to as “rebuilt. There e is no difference in appearance or functionality between a rebuilt injector with proper flow and a new one.
mgphoto
QUOTE(Bibble @ Mar 11 2019, 12:17 PM) *

Thank you all for your thoughts. I have the original injectors, but was rather under the impression they couldn’t be rebuilt only cleaned. Will try one of the two companies mentioned biggrin.gif

On a bit of an extension to the thread - my ECU is original I believe and seems to work although the engine runs rich, I would like as part of renovating the injection system to get it rebuilt. Any particular companies that people have had good experiences of, and is it a good idea ?

Best wishes

Jonathan

ECU problems are very rare, rich issue is most likely the MPS, which often needs to be rebuilt and or adjusted.

If the ECU was the problem Fuel Injection Corp, I believe can rebuild it.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we now sell some excellent new aftermarket for 82.50 each
Bibble
Thanks again for the info - advice. I will in the first place get the original injectors overhauled if they can be.

My rationale for the ECU reconditioning is the system worked okayish apart from running rich, ( I have replaced the MPS with a good old one already, but might seek to get that reconditioned as well) but if I’m going to stay with FI long term which is what I want to do, getting a sorted ‘Brain’ at the heart of the system gives a good starting point to and provides a long term solution whilst changing other bits as required.

The car has been off the road for 15 months whilst the underside was stripped and tidied - It’s off for its respray in the next couple of weeks so will try @nd get th3 injection bits sorted while it’s away.

Thanks again

Jonathan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.