Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 Race chassis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GaroldShaffer
Found so pretty bad rust hidden by a TON of bondo and fiberglass. I deemed it not really worth the effort to fix. Usuable parts will be removed and the shell junked.

Selling a 1973 914 racecar chassis. Comes as you see.

NO SUSPENSTION
NO ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION
I have a 916 style fiberglass front bumper that comes with it (not pictured)

BILL OF SALE ONLY

Came from a estate sale in South Bend Indiana. I currently don't have any racing history, but I am working on it. Make no mistake it is well used and with some time could be put back in action, but it is far from a quick "throw on a suspension & engine" and go racing status.

[s]$914
$500 OBO It comes with the wheel stand it is sitting on. Other items seen on the trailer ARE NOT part of the deal. Possible local delivery available (we can discuss that)[/s]
mepstein
I think my wife would be really pissed if I brought it home and called it "yard art".
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif $500 OBO I really don't want to scrap it, but if not gone in the next two weeks then I will take out what is left and scrap the remains
David.laRuse
I will give you $150.00 and I will pick the car up. David.
David.laRuse
QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Mar 22 2019, 06:08 AM) *

Are you interested in $150.00, I can pick up in 1-2 weeks? David.
Chi-town
I believe he junked it
GregAmy
If this did not get junked...can you check the right side of the main rollhoop and look for an SCCA logbook number stamped into the metal? Usually 7 digits.
slammin
check pm's
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 28 2019, 08:00 AM) *

If this did not get junked...can you check the right side of the main rollhoop and look for an SCCA logbook number stamped into the metal? Usually 7 digits.

No stamp, but I did save the cage.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Mar 27 2019, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Mar 22 2019, 06:08 AM) *

Are you interested in $150.00, I can pick up in 1-2 weeks? David.

sorry, no. Cage is worth that much. To late, car was junked. I did save all the racing stuff.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(slammin @ Mar 28 2019, 07:13 PM) *

check pm's

replying.
bretth
I guess old 914 race cars don't need to be saved anymore.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bretth @ Mar 29 2019, 10:58 AM) *

Oh please. dry.gif This had no racing provenance. Don't let the pictures fool you. It was used and abused. When I really started to dig into it it was full of bond and fiberglass patches and lots of hidden rust. I saved all the racing equipment from it. All that was keeping it from folding in half was the cage (which I saved).

And just for the record not every 914 that I find gets parted out. I have saved many from a life of rusting away filled with varmint crap and more. Junk cars get parted, good project cars get sold as such and ones needing a little work to get back on the road are given a new breath of life and sold to those looking for solid drivers.
worn
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Mar 29 2019, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(bretth @ Mar 29 2019, 10:58 AM) *

Oh please. dry.gif This had no racing provenance. Don't let the pictures fool you. It was used and abused. When I really started to dig into it it was full of bond and fiberglass patches and lots of hidden rust. I saved all the racing equipment from it. All that was keeping it from folding in half was the cage (which I saved).

And just for the record not every 914 that I find gets parted out. I have saved many from a life of rusting away filled with varmint crap and more. Junk cars get parted, good project cars get sold as such and ones needing a little work to get back on the road are given a new breath of life and sold to those looking for solid drivers.

Thanks Garold. Insert emoji indicating respect and approval.
GregAmy
Every time someone is unhappy that a rusted-out crap chassis should have been saved (by someone else, natch) I can't help but think of this scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.