Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raising the window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Click to view attachment
When my drivers side window is shut theres a gap along the top of the window as shown in the pic ,is there a way of raising the frame and the glass
Thanks B
76-914
QUOTE(cal914 @ Mar 11 2019, 10:05 AM) *

Click to view attachment
When my drivers side window is shut theres a gap along the top of the window as shown in the pic ,is there a way of raising the frame and the glass
Thanks B

Yes. 1st a question though. Is the gap size consistent across the top? beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
My car has the same exact gap. I'd love to know how to fix it.
Zach
mepstein
You can adjust the window. There's a thread or 10 on World. Google - 914world.com window adjustment and you will get all the info you need.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2019, 02:00 PM) *

You can adjust the window. There's a thread or 10 on World. Google - 914world.com window adjustment and you will get all the info you need.

agree.gif Lots of "how-to" threads.

The challenge is determining what you actually need to do, as there are LOTS of variables to getting your window positioned correctly, such as actual structural integrity, door placement, condition and placement of all seals and of the roof, and the interior door mechanicals.

If your only problem is that the window isn't raising high enough, IIRC you adjust the window travel with the threaded rod on underside of door closest to hinge. Unlock the lock nut and use a flat tip screw driver to change the amount of travel. That's on early cars. Not sure about late.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd also check inside the door to see if you have the window "button" in the slider. Those break, and then the window tends to sag.
lierofox
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 11 2019, 10:35 AM) *

If your only problem is that the window isn't raising high enough, IIRC you adjust the window travel with the threaded rod on underside of door closest to hinge. Unlock the lock nut and use a flat tip screw driver to change the amount of travel. That's on early cars. Not sure about late.

Later models have an adjustment bolt/lock-nut on the regulator.
The part labeled "C" on this post.
horizontally-opposed
Definitely adjustable, and may even be easy—but as others have alluded to, it's a matter of a number of adjustments.

This is the thread that helped me most:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2000174
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.